550xp first tank ...

/ 550xp first tank ... #61  
Last week,my 550XP wasn't running right, again, it would start ok but the second tank of gas is where it bothers the most, it starts up then when I give it the gas, it keep's cutting out, some time's it take's 5 minute's for the saw to come out of it. I had my son take it to the saw shop where I bought it, and last Saturday afternoon, I was trying it to see if it was better, but only got to use it for 10 min. when the sprocket on the bar broke. I ordered a new one online, .058 gauge this time. Got the new chain bar today, but I got so busy doing this that and the other thing, that I ran out of day light, so I don't know if it's fixed yet or not.

This saw is just barely a year old now, only on my 3rd 18" chain, and last year when I bought it, the guy didn't have a .058 gauge bar like I wanted, only a .050 bar. I think the .050 gauge drive link is to thin for an 18 inch bar. The next chance I get, I'll put the new .058 bar and chain on. But now I have a spare brand new .050 gauge chain, I wonder if it would work on a new .058 gauge bar, or should I just take it back and exchange it for a .058 chain?

Are you letting the saw run completely out of gas? This could be why it has trouble on the next fill up... Use the purge bulb, 5-6 pumps...

Non eth gas should also be used, if you don't have a station, try a marina. 89-93 octane if fine.

Still have problems, I'd make the dealer fix it. Usually a new carb will do it. The AT isn't the problem...

.050 gauge chain is fine, no problems at all even on bars longer than 18". That said, I like and use .058 on most of mine. You don't want to run that .050 chain on a .058 bar.

/ 550xp first tank ... #62  
I tried my 550 XP last weekend after getting it back from the saw shop, the guy said to hit the purge button a couple times before I start it, so I did, and with choke on, I pulled the cord a couple times, and nothing, a couple more times, then choke off, few more times, still didn't start, now it's making me mad. I'm down in the woods trying to cut some firewood, it's 50 degrees out, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and a $500.00 one year old Husqvarna 550XP with AUTO TUNE wont start, took the plug out, soaking wet, and it's not water, crank the saw a few times, put the plug back in, didn't push the purge bulb this time, and 2 pulls the saw started.

So I wont push the purge bulb anymore when I first start the saw, only after I refuel, and see how that goes, if it still bother's, I'll take it back to shop, Again. Many more times, I'll be taking it back to a Jonsered saw shop.