gutter attachment on leaf blower

/ gutter attachment on leaf blower #1  

xyz123

Veteran Member
Tractor
none again
Any of you guys used the gutter attachment for the 125 leaf blower? Reaches up 12' when held 2' off ground. Experiences good or bad, besides getting soaked. :laughing: Does it work good?

/ gutter attachment on leaf blower #2  
-Hmm, I'd forgot I had the extension, maybe I'll break it out this weekend if the weather stays dry.
It worked well when the leaves are dry. Never tried it with wet leaves.
I bought one for my (hand-held) blower. It is a bit awkward trying to get the 12' extension vertical and balance it there while holding onto and running the blower. Initially, the extension would keep popping out of the connection at the blower, so eventually I drilled both parts and put a thin bolt through the connection. To tell the truth I haven't used it much. My intent was to eliminate dragging a ladder around, but most of my problems are when a stick clogs the downspout's 45 degree connection, so I have to get a ladder anyways. Plus I don't realize it's clogged until it rains, so things are wet anyways. Since I'm getting a ladder I just bring a 5' long mini-broom (with a ~5" wide sweeper head) with me. That works well as you can sweep about ~14' of gutter from one spot on the ladder and most of the times the leaves and sticks are only in a couple spots anyways.

/ gutter attachment on leaf blower
Dang it never thought of using a broom. Been using my bare hands in water soaked leaves twice this year already. I"m just getting tired of hauling a ladder around too and I'm just getting to old to handle a fall anymore.

I ordered one so I'll soon see too. Thanks for your info.

Now that is the cats behind. I was able to get 4 out of my 5 gutters today.

The back one I always had to use my 24' ext ladder to get to by hand. I'm thinking of buying some more straight tubes to try this way from the ground.

Yep I was wearing the water spray and leaves, but that was a small price to pay for the ease of doing it this way. )

Anyone ever try running a 2nd set of straight tubes to have double the reach up? Enough force at the end to clean gutters?

/ gutter attachment on leaf blower #5  
i found a 'weedeater' brand gutter attachment for my gas blower. works pretty slick, and yes - you will get sprayed with wet crud if that's the environment you're working in (i wear a hat and old shirt) but it beats running up and down a ladder. it takes me about 15 minutes to do the house. the tube swivels in a couple of places to make it a little easier to use, but it is a bit awkward to keep the right slant in the tube while walking down the length of the house (again, not as awkward as falling from a ladder). the end does pop out on occasion - i might try the bolt trick if it gets too annoying. My recommendation: get it.

Thanks for the post. But if you read my last post I was telling about using mine already. :laughing: