In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise?

/ In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise? #11  
Jim in ICT maybe that would be a good demonstration if you plowed a lane to him on I-35

/ In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise? #13  
Kohler Command series is a very good engine . The Courage series seems to have some issues . I would look real hard at the Kawasaki . Definitely stay away from the BB stores .

/ In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise? #14  
I'm also looking in the 2k-3k price range...looking at the Husky YT46LS and the Deere X300.

The X300 is currently $500 off, putting these 2 very close in price. Both are Kawasaki engines.
The Husky has a locking differential, the Deere has "the name" and a 4 year warranty.
Not sure what to do, but if want the sale price on the Deere, I have to pull the trigger by the 28th (end of the sale).
I just have a small lawn with some slopes in it. Maybe put a snowblower on someday. Mainly just for mowing. Either way, I buy from a dealer...that part is a given.

BP

/ In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise? #15  
I have the Husqvarna YTH24V48LS, I have had it only for one season and have about 15 Hrs on it, I have a JD also which I use some times, the JD has a better cut then the Husky but the Husky seems to be very well built and soild, the Kawi Motor runs very smooth and is pretty quite with plenty of power. The locking rear is nice but it does tear up the grass on turns. If you could afford a decent Model JD I would Prob lean toward that if you land is flat and you are looking for a real nice cut. If you plan on pulling stuff and have hills the locking rear of the Husky is nice.

/ In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise? #17  
Do you have a Simplicity dealer near you?

/ In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise? #19  
Re: In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Any Advice or Recommendations?

Having used a JD145 with a 48" cut and a Husqvarna GTH26V2LS with the fabicated deck and Kawasaki engine, the Husqvarna is a far superior mower. I don't think you need the fabricated deck at all for the work that you have to do. In my opinion the YTH24K48 with the Kohler Courage Vtwin 24h engine will be all the mower that you'll need for a lot of years.

I'm sorry to say, it appears that JD prices have gone over the top and they're pretty much riding on old reputations. But - as others have already stated, I'd ONLY buy the Husqvarna from a dealer, not a big box store. You will not get support from Lowes should you have any kind of warranty problem - I know!

/ In the market for a new Husky Lawn Tractor - Advise? #20  
I do have a simplicity dealer in town.