455 RANCHER auto-tune

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #11  
Not having verygood luck with mine chain keeps coming off.when it does it ruins the chain costing me about 1 chain per tree. Cuts good always have a sharp chain. Real dissapointed with mine. Two much higher power for1bolt.

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #12  
My 455 that I got that's standard does fine for the $120 it cost ... perks of have'n the Manufacturing plant local . Lol

Ya know these are made on the same line as a poulan right .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #13  
My 455 that I got that's standard does fine for the $120 it cost ... perks of have'n the Manufacturing plant local . Lol

Ya know these are made on the same line as a poulan right .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

Poulans are on a different line. Picked up a Jred 2255 one nutter at a good price with a 20" bar. Cut 4 cord of hardwood with it last year, the one nut was not an issue.

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #14  
Minor correction, the Husqvarna small homeowner (235, 240) are on the same line as Poulan.

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #15  
just bought my 455r/at it has 2 bar nuts to keep everything where it's supposed to be. hope it keeps working even if it drops a nut!lol
my mistake!! it does have only one nut holding the chain cover on, the other nut I am guessing is the one holding the two handles!! lol(at my self for being not to observant) .....

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #16  
Husqvarna makes different grades, helps to study and learn the models, some not so good, some very good and some are the best on the market. :)

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #17  
My 345 has been flogged on the farm for 12 years and hasn't missed a beat. I just arranged to get a new 455 autotune for fathers day with a bit more hp and 18" bar. I was told the autotune takes a little while to calibrate so I'll reserve judgement on engine performance until I've used it some.
I used the air purge as directed on the cold start ( 6 pumps) and flooded the engine so go easy on it. Also you do not, contrary to the instructions, seem to have to prime (purge) or use the choke for warm starts (just like the old 345). Just engage brake , push decompression button and leave red "on' button in the default down position (no choke).

Anyway it felt good that I could still clean out a flooded engine and get it started the old way when autotune couldn't !

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #18  
You can't flood these saws by using the purge bulb. All that bulb does is purge any air from the system.

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #19  
You can't flood these saws by using the purge bulb. All that bulb does is purge any air from the system.

Ive been having starting and fouling issues with my 562. I think its the purge bulb that is causing it. I know the purge should have no effect, yet it seems to.

Fast idle position and pull it over seems to work 99% of the time. Purge only when I run out of fuel. Im thinking the choke should only be used in sub-freezing temps.

/ 455 RANCHER auto-tune #20  
Ive been having starting and fouling issues with my 562. I think its the purge bulb that is causing it. I know the purge should have no effect, yet it seems to.

Fast idle position and pull it over seems to work 99% of the time. Purge only when I run out of fuel. Im thinking the choke should only be used in sub-freezing temps.

My 562xp has been flawless for almost 3 years, never flooded & no starting issues. I use purge and choke for cold starts and nothing for warm starts. I never pull it over more than twice on choke and it always cranks 2nd or 3rd pull.