Petaluma, CA

Default New YTH22V42LS won't discharge grass.

So I had a 20 year old $700 craftsman than mowed my tall grass around the barns no problem for years. Its beatup so I thought I would invest in a husky with the professional 42in 3 blade fabricated deck. It doesn't work and I've gone back to using the old craftsman. Basicly it doesn't discharge the grass and it jams up the deck. I can leave the blades turning over cement, shut it down, look underneath and see 40lbs of grass smooshed up between the top of the deck and the blades. It doesn't clear it. It's the standard blade it came with. I called the dealer who said "oh is that the 42" deck with the 3 blades? Yeah it doesn't discharge grass well." WTF? Then why did you sell it to me for $2,500?

Does anyone know about this and have a fix or should I just craigslist it.

Renton, Washington
    Kubota L3750

Default Re: New YTH22V42LS won't discharge grass.

Is it supposed to be a mulching mower? Does it have a side discharge plate you can pull off to blow out the clippings? My Dad's deere mower had a cover you put over the chute to make it mulch. If the grass was really dry that worked fine. Otherwise it left big clumps of grass. Sounds stupid but make sure all of the blades are facing the right direction. I don't know if they could put them on upside down or not. A new Husky should cut really well I would think.
    1st Peter 1:6-9

Veteran Member
    Up State S.C.
    AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs

Default Re: New YTH22V42LS won't discharge grass.

Some of these guys have given the tractor good reviews. Maybe you could ask them. Husqvarna YTH22V42LS Lawn Tractor Reviews | Lawn Tractor Reviews