Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS?

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS? #1  

Robust1980

Tractor
no
Hi All,

Just registered 5 mins ago. I'm in a hurry mode to buy a riding mower as the grass grow crazy (definitely need one by this weekend). I searched around and nailed down to two candidates: Husky YTH24K48 Fast Tractor ($1900) and Husky YT46LS ($2200). The only major difference from the spec sheet is YTH24K48 has a Kohler Courage V-Twin engine while YT46LS has Kawasaki FS series V-Twin. The research I did indicates that Kohler Courage series is a residential grade with about 500 hr rating lifetime. I wonder if the Kawasaki FS worth the additional $300? Other than engine, does LS line have beefier frame/platform?

BTW, my yard is about 1/2 acre and well level. I think both of these two tractor is a over-kill for me. The only reason I pick them is try to avoid entry level tractors that are poorly built. Do you guys think they are mid-grade that worth the extra $$?

Thank you guys! I found this site is extremely friendly and it seems every new member gets a Welcome, :D

Kevin

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS? #2  
What is the warranty time on either one of them? 500hr motor? I just mowed my Dad's place on his little Deere motor with the Kohler motor it has 2330 hours and running strong. I am a big fan of the Husky saws myself. I don't have any experience with their mowers.

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS? #3  
I own a YTH2348 that is 2.5 years old now with 150 hours and it has been a great lawn tractor for mowing 2+ acres, pulling a dump cart, and moving a chicken tractor. Not sure what the value is of the "fast" version since I never need to mow faster than what I can with the YTH2348.

No issues with the tractor or the B&S engine.

- Spindifferent

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS? #4  
I have both a Husqvarna 54" w/26 hp Kawasaki and a 41" w/15.5 hp Kohler. The smaller one, the Kohler, 12 years old, has ~2500 hours on it and is still perking along just fine. The bigger mower, only 1 year old, with the Kawaski is used for waste-high "grass" cutting.

I like the smaller mower for nice perfect cutting lawn. The bigger Kawasaki is a hoss and should last many years, but I sure can't complain about the smaller mower with the Kohler. I think good maintenance is the key to long lasting small engines. Take your pick; you won't be disappointed either way.

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS? #5  
Which one did you purchase? I'm interested to see if you purchased the YT46LS as I've yet to see a review.

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS?
I finally decided to go with Snapper RER, like its suction power

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS? #7  
Not a thing wrong with going with the Snapper RER. I've had a couple and agree - they're cutting machines! Pretty old technology, which isn't always a bad thing :). And a little pricey. But I will say, my old 8 hp 30" Snapper would wade through higher weeds than my 15 hp Husq. Rider 155. Of course, the Rider is a mulching mower whereas the Snapper was not.

Hope it serves you well.

/ Need make decision by Friday: YTH24K48 or YT46LS?
Yep, have got it for more than a week, love it!! Lots of power (I got 17.5HP 33in old model) and no problem to tow my plug aerator. Suction is good, and it looks very easy to maintain or some DIY fix.

Not a thing wrong with going with the Snapper RER. I've had a couple and agree - they're cutting machines! Pretty old technology, which isn't always a bad thing :). And a little pricey. But I will say, my old 8 hp 30" Snapper would wade through higher weeds than my 15 hp Husq. Rider 155. Of course, the Rider is a mulching mower whereas the Snapper was not.

Hope it serves you well.