Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start
I bypassed/shorted the solenoid with a wrench and was able to start the mower. This means several things:

The battery is OK, the starter is OK, the wiring is OK, enough gas, the parking brake is off, etc.

I mowed with it for a while, then disengaged the PTO and shut it off. Note: It took longer than usual to shut off.

Since bypassing the solenoid doesn't say anything about its health, I took it off and had it tested. Result: It is still good.

So it's looking more and more like there is something in one of the safety systems that's vetoing the starter's electricity.

I've attached the relevant pages from the manual -- the electrical system, wiring, etc.

Attachments

• electrical.pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 407
   / Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start
I think I fixed the problem today -- the electric cables (3 wires total) going to the headlights were severed completely! I don't know how this happened. When I spliced them back together, everything started working normally again!

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start #14  
I would like to know if anyone ever figured out this problem? I have just had the same thing happen to my mover.

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start #15  
When I bypass my solenoid, it turns over but still doesn't start. It acts like a kill switch is off. I have already changed the ignition switch. I dont think my problem is the same, i don't seem to have ant broken wires.

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start #16  
When this happens make sure the tractors parking brake is set and your sitting in the seat. As for the severed wires-they can get severed by the hood or because they were touching the muffler. mine got melted but not severed by the muffler.

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start #17  
I have a Husq Zero turn mower with a 60 inch cut I bought new in 2015. I have 6-7 acres of property I cut . When I am out for an hour or 2 and then stop the tractor it often times will not restart right away. I try to engage/disengage the safety interlocks on the blade, the brake and the levers with no luck. Sometimes I do this for 5 minutes and then it will restart. Sometimes I have to wait 10 minutes and once overnight. Any ideas on what could be wrong with my Zero turn mower.

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start #18  
I had similar problems when my mower was still under warranty. Of course it would start when taken in to the dealer. I got good at jump starting it by bypassing everything. I eventually traced it to a poor connection on one of the control handles, fixing it by pushing/pulling the wire terminal on and off the switch multiple times. Haven't had more problems in over three years.

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start #19  
Is there something special about setting the parking brake that you know of? I agree, brake needs to be set when there's a problem starting. However just setting the brake on mine won't start it all the time. I have to mess with the brake by setting & unsetting, jiggling, etc while trying to start it, until finally something I do makes it start! And I can't figure out what... I've looked at the rod inside and the little wheel how it moves from top to under making it engage and unengage, looks ok. But something is making this happen and it's frustrating, I bought it in 2015. Do you or anyone else have any idea what's happening? Cause to me most of these problems sound the same. Thanks for any advice!!

/ Husq turned off while mowing - now it won't start #20  
Is there something special about setting the parking brake that you know of? I agree, brake needs to be set when there's a problem starting. However just setting the brake on mine won't start it all the time. I have to mess with the brake by setting & unsetting, jiggling, etc while trying to start it, until finally something I do makes it start! And I can't figure out what... I've looked at the rod inside and the little wheel how it moves from top to under making it engage and unengage, looks ok. But something is making this happen and it's frustrating, I bought it in 2015. Do you or anyone else have any idea what's happening? Cause to me most of these problems sound the same. Thanks for any advice!!

I think they had a hick-up on their parking brake system. I've also been fooled into thinking that mine wouldn't go either forward nor reverse, even after what I "thought" was releasing the parking brake. The dealer showed me the work-around for that. Just press hard on the brake and side-step it. It seems that the parking brake doesn't completely release if you just gently step on it to release it. No really big deal, but one shouldn't have to do that either.