Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Default Ignorance cost money!

Well little Husqvarna Rider 155 ('02 model year with >2500 mowing hours) finally went down. It didn稚 actually totally go down, but I noticed that it was a lot louder when I engaged the blades. So I decided to investigate the problem.

I found two of the three spindles making bearing noise. Tore them apart and found one spindle bearing totally shot, and another with a slight noise. So, I致e order two spindles @ $59 each. I HOPE the assembly is totally complete, i.e. the top section and the bottom section. I can稚 really tell from diagrams what痴 included. Guess I値l know in a couple of weeks. And, if the assembly doesn稚 include both sections I only HOPE that the missing portion is still available.

What cost me money is that I discovered that 鉄EALED bearings CAN be greased. The rubber covering can be picked up with a pin and the bearing repacked. Needless to say, I致e repacked the idlers and the third spindle bearings, and will also pack the new ones with marine grade grease when I get them. IF I壇 only known, I could have saved about $120 bucks or more. Ignorance cost money.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

You can also get a greasing needle. You can penetrate the seal with it or lift the edge of the seal and tuck it inside. It is l just like a syringe needle, also handy for packing new bearings as you tuck it between the balls and let it fill in the voids- much less messy than the palm/finger technique.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Default Re: Ignorance cost money!

Good reminder. I've had one for a lot of years and used it very often until I broke it. I need to buy another one. Thanks for the reminder.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Default Re: Ignorance cost money!

Problem solved. Turned out all three spindles were shot. Out of 6 bearings 5 were destroyed including the races scoured. Ended up putting all new parts in, i.e. top and bottom sections of the spindles, blade adapters, etc. Total parts cost $387. Hope she runs another 12 years now. It's been a great mower and now runs like new.