Endurance engine?

/ Endurance engine? #2  
Anyone had any problems?
I am running a GTH27V52LS with the endurance engine, this is my second season with the mower, and it has performed perfectly. I read where the only issue was valve adjustment, and I checked the valves at the end of last season and did adjust one exhaust and one intake. I am running synthetic oil and change every season or 50 hours, what ever comes first.

/ Endurance engine? #4  
Have got Two Endurance 22 HP Model 40H777
One with 40 hours one with 27 Hours still running good
at 8 hours changed oil and oil filter now running 05w-30 synthetic oil in both.

I am wondering about poor air filtration design after having read this link

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=653874&highlight=briggs+twin
I read that post also, and I called Briggs about it. They told me that in the past there had been some problems with the air cleaner sealing out dirt, but that had been corrected, he told me that my 2011 model had the new air cleaner system on it. I have checked the air cleaner several time per season and I have found no evidence of dust or any debris getting around the air filter seal.
I heard about an additive that was supposed to negate the alcohol fuel issue. It is called QMI fuel system cleaner and it is for gas, diesel, and 2 cycle engines. I tried it and my small engines are running much better than before, I will continue its use. It is 30 miles or so to get non alcohol fuel and it is only available in the highest premium grade, so with the cost of the fuel and the drive, I decided to give the QMI a try. My stuff runs better than on the non alcohol fuel and there is a significant savings for me.

/ Endurance engine? #5  
Glad to hear the air filter issue has been taken care of.
I'll have to check out the QMI fuel system cleaner.
Is it the 3 step fuel system cleaner ?
Where do you purchase your QMI ?

/ Endurance engine? #6  
I found mine at a farm store near here, Hurshes, farm supply. I know it is available from Amazon. If you have feed and farm stores near you, try them, you also may check at you auto parts store.

/ Endurance engine? #7  
Also be sure to keep up on the valve adjustments, I am told that is the major reason for visits to the shop for these engines, other than that they seem really reliable.

/ Endurance engine? #8  
Also be sure to keep up on the valve adjustments, I am told that is the major reason for visits to the shop for these engines, other than that they seem really reliable.

Sorry, but I have to play devil's advocate.:indifferent:
In this day, and age, If you have to 'keep up on the valve adjustments', then it's not really a 'reliable' engine, by todays standards.

/ Endurance engine? #9  
In this day, and age, If you have to 'keep up on the valve adjustments', then it's not really a 'reliable' engine, by todays standards.
It is maintenance, every thing is a give and take, hydraulic valve lifters require no adjustment, solid lifters do. There are performance advantages to having solid lifters in small engines, so you may gain some performance and loose some ease of maintenance. You have to maintain what you have. It has nothing to do with reliability.

/ Endurance engine? #10  

Which engine would you recommend that did not require the valves to be adjusted ?