Which engine is better?

/ Which engine is better? #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Husqvarna rz 5424 with the kohler courage or rz5424 with the briggs and Stratton endurance?? Which engine is the better one?

/ Which engine is better? #2  
I have no idea. What we need is a repair person to chime in. Someone who has had a lot of experience with many engines, not just one or two. I do note that Husqvarna uses an engine lineup of Kohler Courage, Briggs and Stratton Endurance, and Kawasaki FR engines.

/ Which engine is better? #3  
I think I would go with a Kohler over a Briggs. I would probably go with a Kawasaki over the Kohler.

/ Which engine is better? #4  
Don't mistake me for an expert... but I've always 'heard' that the Kawasaki was the best, Kohler next. I've have/had Kawasaki, Kohler, B&S, and Tecumseh and all have served me well except the Tecumseh.

I realize that this doesn't address your specific question, but perhaps it'll help you in a general way.

/ Which engine is better? #5  
I have never owned a Kohler engine, only B&S, and Kawasaki. I have never had issues with any of them as far as lasting. Some of the B&S carbs had a sticking float problem and Kohler had some engines with warping heads a few years back that caused blown head gaskets, but I think they may have solved that problem.
If I were buying a new mower, it would be one with a Kawasaki engine.

/ Which engine is better? #6  
Ive been research B&S versus Kawasaki a bit lately too...Im interested in the Husqvarna GT 52xlsi but wasnt sure if I wanted that or to go with the 52XLs and stick with the Kawasaki engine...

From what Ive been reading, I think B&S or Kawi will serve well. Can't speak for Kohler but after the research Ive done I'll have no issue going with Briggs.

/ Which engine is better? #7  
The best of the best ar ethe Predator engines.

/ Which engine is better? #8  
Never had an issue with B&S engines. My decision would likely be based on price. Since I have never had a problem with a B&S engine how could I do better with a different engine unless the alternative is less expensive.

/ Which engine is better? #9  
The B & S Endurance is the better choice. The Kawasakis are the homeowner version, not the commercial. Sort of like comparing a Honda GC to a GX. I would take the B & S over the Honda GC, even if they offered it. Would not even consider the Kohler.