Stalling problem (fixed but FYI)

/ Stalling problem (fixed but FYI) #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
I had a problem with my little Rider 155 mower that might be of interest to you in the future. While mowing along all of the sudden the mower began choking down as if it were in way too heavy of grass or out of gas. Shutting off the mower blades let it limp along, but only just above idle.

Once in my workshop I changed the air filter, spark plug, cleaned the carburetor, topped off the gas tank, greased the drive pulley, all to no avail in fixing the problem. Even when jacked up, every time I'd either accelerate or engage the mower blades, it would immediately choke down. Just as I was about to load it up on the trailer to take it to an expert I noticed that the mower belt had flipped over.

Upon flipping the belt right side down, the problem was resolved. When wrong side up, the belt was jamming into the belt guard, choking the motor down. Simplest things sometimes just defies logic. Murphy's Law is alive and well.

/ Stalling problem (fixed but FYI) #2  
Good information to know.
With the symptoms you described I probably would not of even looked at the fan belt.
Thank you for sharing