Tractor
    Husqvarna 155 rider

Default Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider

Had the vbelt break to the deck. Need a good diagram or picture to show the right configuration of how to put on the new one. Have not been able to find one in the on-line manual. Oh also anyone know of any videos of repairs to the 155?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Default Re: Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post
    Had the vbelt break to the deck. Need a good diagram or picture to show the right configuration of how to put on the new one. Have not been able to find one in the on-line manual. Oh also anyone know of any videos of repairs to the 155?
    I sent you a PM.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Are you fixed up on the diagrams? The belt routing certainly can be confusing without a picture.

My head-scratcher is WHY the belt broke to start with. I changed out my belts about 4 or 5 years ago just as a precautionary maintenance factor. But at that point they had over 7 years of hard use on them, and they 'looked' fine. The tension on mine is spring controlled, so it's not a matter of incorrect installation. Defective belt?

Tractor
    Husqvarna 155 rider

I figured it out. Thanks

Tractor
    Husqvarna R322-T AWD

Gem99ultra, Did you replace it with an OEM or same quality of belt? Just because it is the same size doesn't mean it can handle the same service.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bollinger View Post
    Gem99ultra, Did you replace it with an OEM or same quality of belt? Just because it is the same size doesn't mean it can handle the same service.
    Yes, or at least I think I did. I bought the replacement belts from the local Husqvarna dealer, NT. I seem to remember that I thought they were way overpriced!

Good point to consider though. Not too long ago I replaced the belts on SO's 2002 Pathfinder. The PS belt screeched even after 4 attempts to adjust it - even using a belt tensioner scale. One Old Codger mechanic finally told me that only belts from the Nissan dealer would fix the problem. I did that, and it did fix the problem. Sounds totally crazy, but that's the truth.

I had ran into that same kind of thing years before when replacing a radiator hose on daughter's Cavalier. Auto parts house hose just would not go on; dealer hose slipped right on with no trouble at all. My memory of that is very clear about that incident - because I had spent 6 hours in the freezing cold laying underneath her car that blew the hose on the side of the road, trying to make the aftermarket hose go on.

Sometimes the differences in replacement parts (and tools) is not apparent.