HU625HWT string trimmer/mower

/ HU625HWT string trimmer/mower #1  

Spindifferent

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520, JD X584
Anyone have any feedback on this unit?

Any info on how it compares to the DR Power trimmer/mower units?

The Husqvarna looks like it could be made by DR Power.

Thanks!

/ HU625HWT string trimmer/mower #2  
I've had mine for about 3 years. Excellent for trimming near fences, especially chain length fences, as is a working around rocks. String rarely breaks and will cut just about anything. I've used it to knock down 'bull grass' etc. and never had it hesitate. Makes trimming around sidewalks, curbs, etc. as easy as walking by with it. Starts easy but it does have a primer bulb that you'll have to pump 3 or 4 times first.

What I don't like:

It's not self-propelled. Cutting weeds on a steep slope around the ponds is difficult for me.

After running it into 3' tall weeds I have to take the 'head' off and clear the grass. That's only a 1-bolt affair, but in my opinion it should have a taller skirt to avoid allowing the weeds to wrap around the head.

The wheels are cheapies. Bearings are simply pressed into the plastic wheel. After some use wheel wobble will become evident. At that time I'll add some shims (washers) to keep the wheel in the proper plane.

Sorry, but I have no experience with DR Power Trimmer other than DR prices are outrageous.

/ HU625HWT string trimmer/mower
I've had mine for about 3 years. Excellent for trimming near fences, especially chain length fences, as is a working around rocks. String rarely breaks and will cut just about anything. I've used it to knock down 'bull grass' etc. and never had it hesitate. Makes trimming around sidewalks, curbs, etc. as easy as walking by with it. Starts easy but it does have a primer bulb that you'll have to pump 3 or 4 times first.

What I don't like:

It's not self-propelled. Cutting weeds on a steep slope around the ponds is difficult for me.

After running it into 3' tall weeds I have to take the 'head' off and clear the grass. That's only a 1-bolt affair, but in my opinion it should have a taller skirt to avoid allowing the weeds to wrap around the head.

The wheels are cheapies. Bearings are simply pressed into the plastic wheel. After some use wheel wobble will become evident. At that time I'll add some shims (washers) to keep the wheel in the proper plane.

Sorry, but I have no experience with DR Power Trimmer other than DR prices are outrageous.

Thanks for the info!