Options for replacing K46bt in YTH22V46

/ Options for replacing K46bt in YTH22V46 #1  

1bigdeadhead

Tractor
yth22v46
So I decided it was time to get my mower out of storage for the winter and go over my yard so I could get it ready for the spring. Long story short I believe the trans has leaked all winter so there's very little fluid in it, so little in fact it won't move unless on flat ground (I keep my mower under my deck and under the rear right wheel there was a oil saturated patch of mulch). I love my mower so of course this came as a huge disappointment. I purchased in Aug. or 2013 so its less than 3 years old and has less around 100 or less hrs on it. My mower gets very light use considering my backyard is less than an acre, probably less than a 1/2 acre, and I live in the suburbs so I'm not pulling anything with it. I called the Lowe's service number and the lady told me it was still under warranty so take it to the store where I purchased it. After researching online I don't think I'm lucky enough for this to get fixed for free, even though the service person told me it was not a limited warranty. What are my options as far as putting in a different model transmission into my mower. If I have to replace the transmission I do not want to put the same K46 back into it considering the first one only got two summers of mowing. I've seen the K66 upgrade but that would require new wheels and tires also I believe. I'm looking to keep the cost as low as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.