Husky GT52XLS

/ Husky GT52XLS #1  

architect

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750, traded, L3010 sold, B2920, Mahindra eMax 25
mower comes with either Kohler 7000 series or Kawasaki, thinking that Kawasaki is better, does anyone know what transmission come with either engine? almost $1000 less than JD 380.

/ Husky GT52XLS #2  
mower comes with either Kohler 7000 series or Kawasaki, thinking that Kawasaki is better, does anyone know what transmission come with either engine? almost $1000 less than JD 380.

I'm not sure about all of the options, but the 26hp Kawasaki comes with the Hydro Gear Heavy Duty High Speed G730 transmission. Mine bought in 2011 did not come with traction lock, but I think the newer ones do.

/ Husky GT52XLS #3  
Hey guys,

I am thinking about purchasing this garden tractor and want to ask some questions. I have read some positive and negative reviews about some husqvarnas. First question

1. On the kawasaki model is the chassis a sturdy heavy duty chassis? One guy said the chassis would bend while he was mowing.
2. How does the mower do on the lowest cutting setting. I have read bad things about the fabricated deck. Does this mow well. I will be mowing bermuda grass at the lowest 1.5 inch setting.
3. Does it mulch well?
4. Over all am I making a good purchase with this mower or would I be better off with a john deere x310. I know the husky has the better transmission than the x310 but how well does the other stuff hold up. I have a VERY bumy rough yard and I want to make sure the chassis isnt going to crap out or the front axles break bumping around my yard at 7.2 miles per hour.

This will be my first lawn mower I want to buy a good one ONCE! and hopefully it last a good 20 years like my dads JD did.

/ Husky GT52XLS #4  
Have you looked at Simplicity, like JD they have a long standing reputation, especially for lawn tractors.

/ Husky GT52XLS #5  
Have you looked at Simplicity, like JD they have a long standing reputation, especially for lawn tractors.
Can't afford simplicity and the best jd I can afford has weaker transmission than gt52xls

/ Husky GT52XLS
Kawasaki and Kohler can be made in China, safest Kasaski is FR or FS according to servicing dealer, I went with Briggs with cast iron cylinders so I could get locking Diff, K-66 trans.

/ Husky GT52XLS #7  
Have had my new GT52XLS for about a month, going well. Mows my 2 acres very nicely. Has 27hp B&S and Hydrogear 730 tranny. Seems quite a bit thirstier on gas than my previous JD285 18HP Kawasaki, but it is more HP I suppose. Only issue has been a hard metallic knock just above idle. Very annoying when running around yard. Did not happen at full throttle. Finally found the problem - it was the U shaped heavy wire belt guard/bracket that surrounds the transmission drive pulley under the engine knocking against the frame at certain rpm's. The drive belt vibrates furiously at mid throttle and causes the guard's unattached end to contact the frame. This particular bracket had the end about 1/8" away from the frame so any vibration it contacted the frame. Solution was to cut off about 1/2".

2016-06-14_19-53-07-509.png

/ Husky GT52XLS #8  
I sold a GT26V48XLS tractor in 2011 that has 920 hours on it now and the trans is rock solid. Everything about that tractor is in great shape except for the Briggs engine, which will likely need replacing around 1000hrs. The tractor has held up far better than I imagined it would. Transmission has been serviced once which I believe was around 800 hours. Fabricated deck has original spindles and bearings. This unit has been a tank. The new GT52XLS has cast iron spindles, same tranny, kawiengine, can't go wrong. Wish they had a power steering model, that would be amazing.

/ Husky GT52XLS #9  
Have had my new GT52XLS for about a month, going well. Mows my 2 acres very nicely. Has 27hp B&S and Hydrogear 730 tranny. Seems quite a bit thirstier on gas than my previous JD285 18HP Kawasaki, but it is more HP I suppose. Only issue has been a hard metallic knock just above idle. Very annoying when running around yard. Did not happen at full throttle. Finally found the problem - it was the U shaped heavy wire belt guard/bracket that surrounds the transmission drive pulley under the engine knocking against the frame at certain rpm's. The drive belt vibrates furiously at mid throttle and causes the guard's unattached end to contact the frame. This particular bracket had the end about 1/8" away from the frame so any vibration it contacted the frame. Solution was to cut off about 1/2".

View attachment 471835

I have the same exact problem on mine...drives me nuts. Thanks for the fix!