New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor #1  

HusqGT48DXLS

Tractor
GT48DXLS
Hello,

After several months of dedicated searching, I finally found a great garden tractor at a bargain price. It is the 2017 Husqvarna GT48DXLS, Kawasaki FR730 V-Twin 24 Hp engine, Tuff Torq K66 Electronic Locking Differential and newly designed 48" "Clear-Cut" 10 gauge fabricated deck at $2999.99 (dealer base $2489.96). John Deere's X500 series is the nearest competitor with a similar configuration (FS730 Kawasaki engine, K66 manual locking differential and new stamped 11 gauge deck design). The John Deere is priced at $5999.99. The best part is that the newly designed "Clear-Cut" deck does not require a blower motor on the discharge which saves another $500. I honestly could not believe the price when I stumbled upon it several weeks ago.

The tractor is so new that customer service at Husqvarna did not have any technical specifications available until I started asking detailed questions. Husqvarna was able to provide the operator and repair manuals to confirm all of the specifications prior to placing the order. For now, it seems the east coast high volume dealers have a few in stock. The tractor is configured with highly desirable components as an incentive for dealers when they place the regular spring orders. I ordered a tractor from the east coast with free freight shipping to the west coast, and I am looking forward to putting it to good use.

I sold my 12 year old John Deere L118 which suffered from a lesser quality Tuff Torq transmission. I had to rebuild the transmission twice due to operation on a sloped yard (~6 degrees). I hope to have a review posted in a few weeks.

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor #2  
Just bought a 20" walk behind Husqvarna with a Honda engine for $250. Local dealer, More for the money than any other I saw. I think Husqvarna is trying to buy their way into the market.

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor
You may be right. I know the old fabricated garden tractor deck suffered from poor cut quality. The dealer who sold it stated that the limited production tractors are available in the spring order only. The model will not be available later in the year after the current inventory is sold. I saw your walk behind in Lowe's this evening with the Honda engine. For information purposes, I learned that the "D" in the model name implies it is a "dealer exclusive". It probably explains why I had so much trouble getting details on the model.

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor #4  
I own one of these. I took delivery on a GT48DXLS about a week ago. It's a beast! The force of discharge out the side is so strong it is almost unbelievable. Mine has a 24hp Kawasaki engine, and I found that full throttle is nowhere close to being needed. I mowed at about 2/3 throttle and that offered plenty of power. It also has an electric locking rear differential.

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor #5  
I think I will be owning this same mower this week. I am heading to my dealer tomorrow so see it in person. It is between this and a cub cadet x2 GX54". The K-66 trans might be the deciding factor with its locking diff. It is also $300.00 cheaper.

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor #7  
Is there a mulch kit for this deck?

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor #9  
I will ask while I am at the dealer today. I was under the impression that the updated 48" deck only has 2 blades. That kit shows 3. But I am clearly not sure. I agree some things are hard to figure out with Husky.

/ New Owner - Limited Distribution Husq. GT48DXLS Garden Tractor #10  
Is there a mulch kit for this deck?

I'm pretty certain there are 3 blades on this mower. But regarding the mulch kit, I have one on my GTH52. And, although it does mulch very well, it is restrictive when mowing tall weeds. For lawns, it's great; for 'yards and fields' - not so great.