Just ordered a GTH52XLS

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS #1  

vulcancowboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
Getting the version with the Kawasaki engine. I really wanted the GT48DXLS, but Messicks couldn't find any. As always, Messicks treated me well, hopefully I avoided a price increase by ordering now.

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS #2  
You're thinking the 52 is maybe bigger than you'd like? They look to be very nice garden tractors.

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS
You're thinking the 52 is maybe bigger than you'd like? They look to be very nice garden tractors.
Not really, I currently have an 18 year old Scotts with a 48" deck and it has worked just fine. Plus, the 48" Huskie was a little less $$ and I'm cheap!:laughing:

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS #4  
You know bigger is always better. ;) (and more expensive). Don't think you'll regret it.

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS #5  
I went up 10" in deck sizes, from 38" to 48", and boy do I notice that extra 10", good and bad. It helps cut more grass on each pass, so that's good, but it's less maneuverable and harder to step around when getting on/off the tractor or walking around when parked in my barn. I imagine the jump from 48" to 52" isn't nearly as noticeable.

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS #6  
I was fortunate to get mine - I really wanted the manually-controlled differential lock.

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS #7  
Getting the version with the Kawasaki engine. I really wanted the GT48DXLS, but Messicks couldn't find any. As always, Messicks treated me well, hopefully I avoided a price increase by ordering now.

I also own a GTH52XLS, Kaw engine; 3 years 130 hrs. No shortage of power for sure. I do wish they offered the locking differential at that time though. Solved that problem by switching rear tires.

Interestingly, I also own a L3400 HST. Maybe we're twins? Well - probably not, but I do like your way of thinking.

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS
Well, picked it up today, looking forward to putting her to work.

IMG_0591.JPG

/ Just ordered a GTH52XLS #10