Husqvarna Rider 155

/ Husqvarna Rider 155 #1  

Redriderjr326

Tractor
Husqvarna Rider 155
Hello all,
1st post, however have read many posts regarding different things, thanks for all the information.
Last fall I picked up a 2003 Husqvarna Rider 155. Didn稚 know much about them except that I knew I loved the way they mowed. Found me one a couple hundred miles away and bought it for around $700! Got it home and mowed a few times, it was good but not as good as I thought it should be. So I lifted the deck, and to my surprise, the blades were on backwards! So I flipped them around and have a new set of blades....it cut much better. To my disappointment however, the mulching plug was not in the deck. The guy I bought it from had it for a 5 or so years and knew less than I did about these machines, so likely that the owner before removed it, or it was never installed.
The plug part number for this machine is 535453001, however they have been discontinued by Husqvarna and there is not a replacement part. I知 hoping I can find someone that has one or knows where one is located. These rider machines are quite rare out here in the West.

/ Husqvarna Rider 155 #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Red. We are glad that you finally joined so that we can know more about you.

/ Husqvarna Rider 155 #3  
Welcome ReddriderJr...
Glad to see another Rider 155 owner join. I too am a Rider 155 owner. Bought mine new in '01. I'm sure most on here think I'm exaggerating, but I have over 2500 hrs on mine, and it still cuts with golf course like quality. I have, however, begun restricting its duty to my lawn area only. At one time I was cutting >3 acres 2x week with it. It has been abused at times, but has also been well maintained. Only repairs have been new spindles 2 years ago, a new starter solenoid back in '03 along with a brake cable. It has earned a little light duty...

Sorry its missing the Bioclip deck rear plug, but perhaps a Husqvarna repair shop will have a substitute that you can install. If not, making one shouldn't be all that difficult.

/ Husqvarna Rider 155
I think I am going to have to resort to making something. I have had a dealer call Husqvarna and there is no replacement part for it.
To my surprise it mulches really good without the plug in there, can’t imagine what it does with it!

I do have a question for you...Mine takes a minute to start, and the only reason i can find is because the gas line coming out of the tank is substantially lower than where it goes into the motor. So the engine has to suck it all the way up... I need to find a better way to route the gas line, but I don’t really see any differences if i move it. Does your have the same issue?

/ Husqvarna Rider 155 #5  
Likely your mechanical fuel pump is getting lazy. These pumps have plenty of power and will in fact collapse a plastic tank with a plugged vent. Though check valves can stick inside. It could also be your choke isn't completely closing as well. Pulling the air box to inspect is 2) 10 mm nuts. Dropping the carburetor bowl and cranking the engine to see if your pump is working as the key is hit is a simple thing plus you can verify cleanliness of what drains into the pan.

/ Husqvarna Rider 155
Thanks for the information, Ill pull the air box and see what I can figure out. Shouldn’t be too bad to see