Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
We have several small trailers, including little carts, that all have ball hitch style trailer hitches. Our Husqvarna GTH26VLS garden tractor has only the flat plate with a hole in it for connecting to the little carts. But, it would be much more versatile if it would accept any/all of our little trailers.

I'd like to convert my GTH26V52LS trailer hitch from the plate style designed for a pintle hitch style to a receiver hitch. Are you aware of any ready-made adapter plates? Or is there a simple way of making one? Any suggestions?

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter #2  
Put a ball in the hole? Or do you need several sizes?

Or this might work. A standard ball mount will probably have to be shortened to not hit the mounting bolt.
ATV Hitch Adapter

image_16621.jpg

Bruce

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter #3  
   / Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter
Put a ball in the hole? Or do you need several sizes?

Or this might work. A standard ball mount will probably have to be shortened to not hit the mounting bolt.
ATV Hitch Adapter

View attachment 554421

Bruce

Perfect! Cheap enough to give it a try. Actually, I think I have some old scraps out in the shop that I can make one.

The quote "A picture is worth a thousand words." doesn't quite apply here, but it is worth $12 from HF, or $32 from TS.

Problem solved. Thanks to all for the prompt info.

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter #6  
I'm sure you probably know, keep an eye on overloading it, I don't think these flat plate hitches are that heavy duty.

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter #7  
I'm sure you probably know, keep an eye on overloading it, I don't think these flat plate hitches are that heavy duty.
I suspect that he will bend the hitch of his Huskvarna tractor long before he bends the flat plate hitch... The plate hitch on our BX2660 had moved our 6x10 landscape trailer all over the place with nary a complaint.

Aaron Z

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter
I suspect that he will bend the hitch of his Huskvarna tractor long before he bends the flat plate hitch... The plate hitch on our BX2660 had moved our 6x10 landscape trailer all over the place with nary a complaint.

Aaron Z

Nah - the garden tractor pulling a trailer is strictly for very light, although usually bulky, loads. I'd worry more about doing transmission damage than bending the hitch.

We have a couple of machines that will handle heavier loads, i.e Honda Pioneer P500 and a Kubota L3400. Anything that those won't handle would be for someone else to deal with. But using the garden tractor for quick and dirty tasks of something like moving mulch, clippings, etc. would be nice.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter #9  
"I'd like to convert my GTH26V52LS trailer hitch from the plate style designed for a pintle hitch style to a receiver hitch"

Pintle hitch? :confused3: As suggested, why can't you just put a ball in the hole?
That's what I did on my garden tractor and ATV. It forced me to finally standardize on a 2" hitches for 3 trailers, one wood splitter, etc...

/ Pintle hitch to receiver hitch adapter #10  
"I'd like to convert my GTH26V52LS trailer hitch from the plate style designed for a pintle hitch style to a receiver hitch"

Pintle hitch? :confused3: As suggested, why can't you just put a ball in the hole?
That's what I did on my garden tractor and ATV. It forced me to finally standardize on a 2" hitches for 3 trailers, one wood splitter, etc...
I think that pin/clevis hitch is what was intended, its not feasible to convert a garden cart to a ball hitch and with one of those adapters they can tow either.

Aaron Z