Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?!

/ Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?! #1  

drassists

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I have a Husqvarna with Kawasaki fh430v engine. I was mowing and it started doing the bad gas thing (surging, needing the choke to run and eventually stalling out). I changed plugs, fuel filter and took apart the carb and cleaned it all out with air compressor, wire and with carb cleaner. After cleaning the carb, I can't even get it to fire up at at all. There is spark and it will fire with a blast of starting fluid, but nothing on it's own. I get gas to the bowl, but somehow it's not getting past that. I assume something is still clogged but can't see what. I was able to disassemble and clear the main jet but there is another (I think the pilot jet?) that I can't get apart from the carb because it won't unscrew (there is a piece of plastic at the base that prevents unscrewing and I don't want to break that) I tried to gently pry it off, but no luck. Could this be the problem?? It's the only thing that I can think of - I have re-cleaned the whole thing three times and obviously I'm missing something. One thing that may be noteworthy: when it first died, the oil was just about dry, which is very unusual. I have only 18 hours of mowing since I changed the oil and this has never been a problem. I'm thinking i didn't completely close the drain when I changed the oil. . . . Any insight would be appreciated! The grass is getting long, the wife is getting cranky and the downstairs sofa is getting made up with my pillow. Help!

/ Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?! #2  
have you removed the carb solenoid and make sure its not rusty and sticky?

/ Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?! #3  
A couple more of basic suggestions...

A strong shot of SeaFoam in the tanks might pick up and pass on any water that might be in the carb.
A loose oil filler cap can sure dump a lot of oil quick. Perhaps you just didn't completely insert and screw the cap down, if that's the style.
Below the main carb jet there's usually a screen that often will get plugged. After you remove the main jet, what appears to be the jet seat there will be that screen.

Good luck with this problem. I/we know it really gets frustrating.

/ Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?!
have you removed the carb solenoid and make sure its not rusty and sticky?
I don't believe this model has a carb solenoid, at least not that I see anywhere

/ Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?! #5  
When you unscrew the main, take a small flat screwdriver and push the nozzle out from above. You will have to verify the bowl vent is open as well as good delivery from the pump. Also, you mentioned cleaning the carb, but what about replacing the fuel? You didn't put diesel in it I hope.

When you unscrew the main, take a small flat screwdriver and push the nozzle out from above. You will have to verify the bowl vent is open as well as good delivery from the pump. Also, you mentioned cleaning the carb, but what about replacing the fuel? You didn't put diesel in it I hope.

I'm proud to say that I did not put diesel in! I did, however, use regular gas which was the problem - it was all I had and you'd think one time wouldn't hurt, right? HA! I poured some additive into the tank (AFTER the fact, of course). I was able to remove the nozzle on the main jet and clean that; it's just the other small jet I cannot figure out how to disassemble.

/ Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?! #8  
Post a pick of the jet please.

C27601C3-DBFE-42D5-A90C-7A3E543C51B8.jpeg

hopefully, it's something stupid & obvious . . . .

/ Husqvarna/Kawasaki fh430v - carb clogged but where?! #10  
If you look in the bore, there will be a little bleed hole for an air low speed adjustment. Should you want to pry the cap straight off it would be clipped to a kind of a screw that you can turn out. It may not go back on, the cap that is. So a plugged idle bleed should still run if the bowl itself is venting. Surge it will - especially w/o a load. That is because the mix will still go through the bypass even though the idle holes are restricted.The rest of the numbers could help as well. ASxx Some of these have removable jets in the entrance of the venturi and should there be 2 removable ones, keep track of what goes where. It is odd that once off that it won't even run. The bowl is filling?