Husqvarna or cub

/ Husqvarna or cub #11  
If you are talking about butler power equipment,then you made a good choice ! Nice folks ! John

/ Husqvarna or cub #12  
Yep, they know your name there. If they had free coffee it would be a perfect place /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Husqvarna or cub #13  
John,
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I also understand MTD builds the JDs that Home Depot sells.
)</font>

Can you supply information on this. I hear it often but no one offers proof. I have been to MTDs corporate site. They give out little to no info as they are privately held.
I have looked at Deere's 2004 Annual Report and 2004 10-K report online. They make no mention of this Deere/MTD relationship.

Phil

/ Husqvarna or cub #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John,
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( I also understand MTD builds the JDs that Home Depot sells.
)</font>

Can you supply information on this. I hear it often but no one offers proof. I have been to MTDs corporate site. They give out little to no info as they are privately held.
I have looked at Deere's 2004 Annual Report and 2004 10-K report online. They make no mention of this Deere/MTD relationship.

Phil )</font>

The Deere "L" series that are sold in Home depot and dealers are built in Tennessee at the same factory that used to build the Sabre and Scotts tractors. This factory is owned and operated by Deere. All Deere lawn and garden tractors are built by Deere. MTD also has a factory in Tennessee, which is where I think the confusion comes from. The more expensive Deere lawn and garden tractors are built in Horicon Iowa. Murray was building the walk behind snowblowers for Deere to Deere specs under the Frontier label, but with the recent take over of Murray by Briggs & Stratton, I don't know what the current situation is on them.

/ Husqvarna or cub #15  
Thats correct, MTD and Deere have no relationship what-so-ever