Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    3 Yanmars

Default Re: Husqvarna 262XP Professional

hey jim,

yea, the ash tree will last a long time, i figure about 2.5 cords from just one tree... lots of ants inside the tree too...

johnk, have you used an alaskan saw mill with much luck? I have an oak about the same size as the ash i just cut and want to make some boards from it...

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, Kubota ZD 221, Kubota Grand L 5030 HSTC, Kubota RTV, Polaris 500ATP

Local Husky dealer tells me that any saw that begins with a 2 is manufactured in De Queen, AR by Frigidaire home products. Models beginning with 3 and above are made by Husky in Sweden. Wonder if this is true?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    7275 Cub Cadet

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Local Husky dealer tells me that any saw that begins with a 2 is manufactured in De Queen, AR by Frigidaire home products. Models beginning with 3 and above are made by Husky in Sweden. Wonder if this is true? )</font>

That may be true with the new saws. My 262XP says Made in Sweden right on it.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, Cat D5G dozer, Kubota KX121 excavtor

No, not true. Husqvarna is a division of Electrolux (excellent vacuums, excellent saws). This is probably what got him confused about Frigidaire, but a good dealer shouldn't be confused about such things.

Husky has different series that have come out over the years. There are the 200 series, the 300 series, and now 400 and 500. Check the serial number plate on the saw - it will tell you where it's made. The 262XP is sweeden. Sam eis true for the 50 I used to have, and the 346XP and 385XP I have now. Some of the consumer saws might be assembled outside sweeden, but I don't know for sure.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, Kubota ZD 221, Kubota Grand L 5030 HSTC, Kubota RTV, Polaris 500ATP

Well I talked to the QC man with Electrolux today. He confirmed for the past 3 or 4 years that they have assembled the chainsaws in AR. Those saws model #'s begin with 2 or below. The 3's and above are made in BRAZIL?? Good grief. He advised that the folks from Sweden are planning on the motors being assembled in AR in the near future.

arthr31:

I have made a schainsaw guide for the conversion of good logs into sawdust and toothpicks.

It's much the same as an edger. Length of boards that can be cut depends on how long one makes the guide. The section of guide I made is good for about nine feet. It is built so that additional lengths can be added.

Some Pictures.

Egon [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Last edited by Egon; 09-04-2006 at 05:59 AM.

another one.

Egon

another.

Egon

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3000

I have a 272XP that I purchased several years ago and a 257 which is the same saw as basically the same as the 262 on the bottom end with a little samller piston and cylinder.

Both saws run very well. When you cross over the line into the professional saw line, any of the XP models, there is a big difference in performance and cost.

If you use a chainsaw on a regular basis the extra price for a professional saw is worth the investment. Besides that they are a real joy to run.

Randy

Tractor
    Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, Cat D5G dozer, Kubota KX121 excavtor

I can believe it for the consumer saws, like the 137 and the 142, but I don't think it's true for the pro saws (XP models).

The best thing I have to go on is the nameplate with the serial number etc and it says Sweden.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast