Husqvarna 262XP Professional

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #11  
hey jim,

yea, the ash tree will last a long time, i figure about 2.5 cords from just one tree... lots of ants inside the tree too...

johnk, have you used an alaskan saw mill with much luck? I have an oak about the same size as the ash i just cut and want to make some boards from it...

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #12  
Local Husky dealer tells me that any saw that begins with a 2 is manufactured in De Queen, AR by Frigidaire home products. Models beginning with 3 and above are made by Husky in Sweden. Wonder if this is true?

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Local Husky dealer tells me that any saw that begins with a 2 is manufactured in De Queen, AR by Frigidaire home products. Models beginning with 3 and above are made by Husky in Sweden. Wonder if this is true? )</font>

That may be true with the new saws. My 262XP says Made in Sweden right on it.

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #14  
No, not true. Husqvarna is a division of Electrolux (excellent vacuums, excellent saws). This is probably what got him confused about Frigidaire, but a good dealer shouldn't be confused about such things.

Husky has different series that have come out over the years. There are the 200 series, the 300 series, and now 400 and 500. Check the serial number plate on the saw - it will tell you where it's made. The 262XP is sweeden. Sam eis true for the 50 I used to have, and the 346XP and 385XP I have now. Some of the consumer saws might be assembled outside sweeden, but I don't know for sure.

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #15  
Well I talked to the QC man with Electrolux today. He confirmed for the past 3 or 4 years that they have assembled the chainsaws in AR. Those saws model #'s begin with 2 or below. The 3's and above are made in BRAZIL?? Good grief. He advised that the folks from Sweden are planning on the motors being assembled in AR in the near future.

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #16  
arthr31:

I have made a schainsaw guide for the conversion of good logs into sawdust and toothpicks.

It's much the same as an edger. Length of boards that can be cut depends on how long one makes the guide. The section of guide I made is good for about nine feet. It is built so that additional lengths can be added.

Some Pictures.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
   / Husqvarna 262XP Professional #19  
I have a 272XP that I purchased several years ago and a 257 which is the same saw as basically the same as the 262 on the bottom end with a little samller piston and cylinder.

Both saws run very well. When you cross over the line into the professional saw line, any of the XP models, there is a big difference in performance and cost.

If you use a chainsaw on a regular basis the extra price for a professional saw is worth the investment. Besides that they are a real joy to run.

Randy

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #20  
I can believe it for the consumer saws, like the 137 and the 142, but I don't think it's true for the pro saws (XP models).

The best thing I have to go on is the nameplate with the serial number etc and it says Sweden.