Husqvarna Riding Mowers

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #1  

Palomino

Hello all.

Just bought some land and need to mow about 1.5 acres or so. Ive been looking at the Husqvarna line cause Im 6'5" tall and they seem to have the most room when I sit on one.

So my question is what is the difference between the YTH2448T and the GTH2448T. One is a "yard" tractor and the other is a "Garden" tractor. But from looking on the website I dont really see what is different. Im also looking at the YTH2454T and the GTH2454T also with the 54" deck.

Thanks for any explaination!

Mike

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #2  
Palomino,

Look under accessories on the Husquvarna website. Their garden tractors only accept the sleeve hitch option. This allows the garden tractors to use ground engaging attachments that a yard tractor can't. Example: garden plow, disc, cultivator, rototiller, back blade, box blade, etc. These rear attachments can only be used with a sleeve hitch.

arthurb,

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #3  
Palomino,

Check the specs on both the yard and garden tractors. The garden tractor probably weighs more, and is built a little sturdier to handle the ground engaging attachments.

arthurb,

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #4  
The garden tractor usjually has larger tires than the yard tractor. If you are going to mow hilly land, be careful with a 54" mower they have a tendency to scalp the grass on side hills.

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers
Thanks for the replies. Doesnt sound like I really need a garden tractor. The land is flat and the soil is very sandy so the grass is somewhat thinner. Now Im just trying to decide whether I want a riding mower like the Husqvarna 48" cut riding mower or a large walk behind like the Swisher 42" cut mower.

Being 6'5" tall none of these tractors really fit me that well and of course the exercise would do me good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #6  
palomino...check your PM's

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #7  
wether you need it or not, the heavier its built, the longer it will last, so a little bit of money spent now in your new purchase, could mean an extra couple of years service. if it doesnt have a transmission oil filter i wouldnt get it.

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #8  
I have a 2yr old Husqvarna lawn tractor and I think it is a pile of Crap. It will only go 1/2 mph in reverse. I am told it is a safety thing. I am also told that there is nothing that can be done about it. You can not back up even the slightest grade. It just sits there. New belts and all. Buy any brand except Husqvarna.:mad:

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #9  
From what I've read other places often times the link for the hydro tranny is misadjusted. If you are handy at all it can be reset for better speed in reverse. This is a common complaint.

Steve

/ Husqvarna Riding Mowers #10  
I have a 2yr old Husqvarna lawn tractor and I think it is a pile of Crap. It will only go 1/2 mph in reverse. I am told it is a safety thing. I am also told that there is nothing that can be done about it. You can not back up even the slightest grade. It just sits there. New belts and all. Buy any brand except Husqvarna.:mad:

I think you need to see a different dealer/mechanic because I'll bet Steve is right; that can be fixed.