Husqvarna 455 Rancher

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #1  

HRS

Gold Member
Looking at the Husqvarna 455 Rancer 18" chainsaw. Any owners or those who know of it?

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #2  
I have that saw, and it's a nice saw... plenty of power. Heavier than some of the others, but has been really easy PM, reliable. Have only gone through 3-4 cords with it, but no complaints. Good all-purpose saw, but not one for primarily limbing or climbing with. Best bang for the buck.:)

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #3  
Husqvarna is a good as they get!
I have the 350 and no complaints. I do wish chains and such were easier to find though.

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #4  
I have a 55 rancher . Mine has a 20'' bar . Great saw !! don't know about the 455 but, you can't loose with a husky

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #5  
I have the 455 Rancher w/ 20" bar. It has been a work horse for me. Haven't had a problem as of yet. I'd buy another one.

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #6  
455 maybe the same as my 55 except with newer mod. they changed the # s ?

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Thanks for the replies. Already had an ACE guy print an estimate for me on saw, case, sharpener, etc. But wanted to hear what the experts thought first.

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #8  
I bought mine on line for less than I could get it in the store & no tax !

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #9  
I too have the 455..... been great so far. My only problem was buying a replacement chain. Be aware there are two versions.....the one sold at big box stores have a more idiot friendly chain/bar combo. Ones sold at saw stores have a more agressive chain/different bar. I just bought the more agressive chain/bar combo but have not installed it yet. The 455 has plenty of power, and should take a longer bar/chain in the future if you should need. It is definitely not the saw you want to use for cutting small stuff though... gets heavy after awhile.

/ Husqvarna 455 Rancher #10  
I have the 460 rancher as well as a 137 for limbing . Both are good saws. I cut around 20 cords a year . We feed 5 outdoor furnaces here on our place . 4 in home's and one on my shop/office . Not to mention the best guarantee out there 2 years on the saw and lifetime on the ignition .