Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Default Re: Adding Power Beyond, 3-spool hydraulic valve, and T-n-T to a JD 2520

'SQUATCH' -- Looks great, nice and compact!

Tractor
    John Deere 4100 with 410 loader

Default Re: Adding Power Beyond, 3-spool hydraulic valve, and T-n-T to a JD 2520

I agree, but I don't think there's a fitting on this model to return the flow to the tank. I haven't noticed anyone using more than one hose on the return side of the valves. Or I should say I haven't seen anyone using more than 2 hoses (ie input/output.

I know on this tractor the fluid has to flow throw the pb or any aux hydro valves and then through the scv for the FEL. I think it flows through the rockshaft valve first though. I'm going to plumb it using the open center port and see how it is (that's what's recommended). It shouldn't harm anything since the pressure won't dead head.

I am curious as I've heard some people on this thread state they've heard a noise after installing a spool valve or that their rock shaft stopped working.

Tractor
    John Deere 4100 with 410 loader

Quote Originally Posted by jimgerken View Post
    'SQUATCH' -- Looks great, nice and compact!
    Thanks Jim!
    Your posts are a great inspiration for us who start these little projects on our little Deeres.

How you doing btw? I thought a while back you said you had Chemo.

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Squatch - Mines got the two hoses, in, and out. I guess at 9 gpm, 3/8" hose is adequate.

Thanks for asking. I feel lucky. I have CML. Wonder drug Gleevec is making it virtually transparent to me at this time.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Sasquatch4100,

Usually the 3pt just dumps to tank, and is the last or only valve in the hyd system. If you are going to add valves, and they must be in series, the last valve before the 3pt should have PB, and routed to the 3pt IN port. The OUT port of that new valve should be routed to tank.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

I purchased this Prince RD522CCAA5A4B1 spoolvalve and did not get the power beyond adapter for it ,can I just use the out for return ? I have a john deere 2727 with power beyond and want to hook-up the existing lines say the out on tractor to in on valve and out on valve to in on tractor???

Tractor

I believe you need the PB. Every valve in series should have the PB to pass fluid downstream. The OUT ports of most valves have a low psi rating. The PB ports are built to take the pressure.
    J.J.

Git er done.

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Is this what I need ? then the plug you showed would go in the out port?3/4" NPT POWER BEYOND SLEEVE PRINCE 660312004 . THANKS

Tractor

No, I would not recommend using that valve with out the PB. The PB is there for a reason, and that is to pass on the fluid and withstand high pressure.

Just about every valve manufacturer recommends running the OUT port to tank. The tank ports on valves are only low pressure.
    J.J.

Git er done.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dwellonrooftop;
    Is this what I need ? then the plug you showed would go in the out port?3/4" NPT POWER BEYOND SLEEVE PRINCE 660312004 . THANKS
    The OUT port is always a separate port. If the valve does not have a PB capability, don't use it unless the OUT port is going to tank.

If that is the number for the PB sleeve, then use it in that valve.

Surplus Center - 2 SPOOL 25 GPM PRINCE RD522CCAA5A4B1 OC VALVE

Surplus Center - 3/4" NPT POWER BEYOND SLEEVE PRINCE 660312004

http://www.surpluscenter.com/adspecs/AS9-6702.pdf

Look especially how the valve is used in a series flow application in the below link

http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/p...D5000InstS.pdf
    Last edited by J_J; 01-20-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    J.J.

Git er done.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast