AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump??

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump?? #1  

design

Silver Member
Tractor
M5400
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my question:

I posted this to the Kubota owning/operating thread and there was little feedback.

Has anyone ever considered plumbing from the transmission drain fitting under the chassis to a filter to a fluid quick disconnect? If you did this, could you then add a PTO hydraulic pump from the quick disconnect to a “tee” in the standard hydraulic pressure circuit?

I basically want to put a 2nd hydraulic pump in parallel with the main tractor hydraulic pump so I can increase the flow to either the loader or a backhoe. I would want to use the transmission housing as the reservoir for the PTO pump. I am assuming that I would need to ensure the pressure relief settings are the same for both pumps.

I can not find any threads about this crazy idea. Has anyone heard of someone attempting to do this?

Design

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump?? #2  
The one thing that i would point out as a first reaction is that the existing plumbing and safeguards ie. relief valves etc are designed for a specific fluid flow (g/m). I do not believe that the flow properties of a QD is adequate for a suction line. Notice that all suction lines are significantly larger than pressure lines. The result will be disastrous. :eek:

It seems like adding a pump, a separate circuit, and using the reservoir of the trany could be a workable possibility.

Mike in Warsaw

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump?? #3  
Uh, the trans housing is already the fluid reservour for the hydraulic pump.

Also, it seems like a lot of work and money along with a VERY complex strategy for pressure sharing needed between the pumps. Also, it would be very easy to rip all that junk off when going over obstructions. That would be "bad".

Why not just get a larger hydraulic pump? I think (don't know for sure), that the pump from an L35 industrial will fit your engine and have about 2x the flow. But your loader controls will need to be upsized to match the higher flow.

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump?? #4  
I have seen it done on old N series fords.. however.. past that.. i think i would just run a larger or add on pump o the correct capacity i needed to do a single task..

Soundguy

design said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my question:

I posted this to the Kubota owning/operating thread and there was little feedback.

Has anyone ever considered plumbing from the transmission drain fitting under the chassis to a filter to a fluid quick disconnect? If you did this, could you then add a PTO hydraulic pump from the quick disconnect to a “tee” in the standard hydraulic pressure circuit?

I basically want to put a 2nd hydraulic pump in parallel with the main tractor hydraulic pump so I can increase the flow to either the loader or a backhoe. I would want to use the transmission housing as the reservoir for the PTO pump. I am assuming that I would need to ensure the pressure relief settings are the same for both pumps.

I can not find any threads about this crazy idea. Has anyone heard of someone attempting to do this?

Design