Another New Member (From Alabama)

/ Another New Member (From Alabama) #1  

1shot-al

Tractor
MF 1540
Just wanted to introduce myself. I was raised in South Alabama (Mobile County). I now reside in SE Alabama (specifically - Troy). I have a career in the Oil & Gas business. I started as a 'runt'. Worked my way up to a production foreman with a major oil company. I now work as an offshore construction consultant. I've been working 21 days on & 7 days off since Hurricane Katrina in August 2005. Two years ago I moved & bought a 16 acre place in Troy, then came my tractor & implements. I have really used my MF 1540 a lot sine I've been there (which is only a 1/4 of the time - LOL). The guy there before me really let the place go. It's shaping up, though. By the way, how does a guy with a tractor ever get by without a front-end-loader :D ?

/ Another New Member (From Alabama) #2  
1shot-al:

Welcome to TBN :D! I did not know what I was missing until I got a tractor with a FEL. I will never again get a tractor without a FEL. I wish I had known about FEL's and their uses earlier. Jay

/ Another New Member (From Alabama)
Yeah. I had my tractor about 6 months with only a bush-hog & boom pole. I got the FEL for Christmas 2005. Man, you can really tear up some stuff with that thing :D .
The poor little boom pole just sits there now, all by it's little lonely self (well, I park my disc beside it for company :D).
Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

/ Another New Member (From Alabama) #4  
1shot-al said:
Just wanted to introduce myself. I was raised in South Alabama (Mobile County). I now reside in SE Alabama (specifically - Troy). I have a career in the Oil & Gas business. I started as a 'runt'. Worked my way up to a production foreman with a major oil company. I now work as an offshore construction consultant. I've been working 21 days on & 7 days off since Hurricane Katrina in August 2005. Two years ago I moved & bought a 16 acre place in Troy, then came my tractor & implements. I have really used my MF 1540 a lot sine I've been there (which is only a 1/4 of the time - LOL). The guy there before me really let the place go. It's shaping up, though.
By the way, how does a guy with a tractor ever get by without a front-end-loader :D ?

I didn't know they made loaders without tractors .;)

/ Another New Member (From Alabama) #5  
Welcome One shot,
Ain't nothing a sack full of money won't fix, having a tractor without a loader.
I just don't have a sack yet, to start filling with green stuff.
David from jax

/ Another New Member (From Alabama) #6  
If your happy with your tractor now, stay away from this website unless you need help fixing something.
Otherwise you will be wanting a toothbar, pallet forks, tiller, and a grapple, etc. People on here are very nice, but this site can cost you alot of money and make your wife go crazy.
Welcome and have fun. JC

/ Another New Member (From Alabama) #7  
1shot-al said:
JBy the way, how does a guy with a tractor ever get by without a front-end-loader :D ?
*LOTS* of creative 3-point hitch attachments and a neck that turns 180 degrees!!! :D

Dougster