single acting vs. double acting

/ single acting vs. double acting #1  

bmw63

I want to add a valve to my 2305. generally it will operate a single acting cylinder,but I may add a double acting cylinder attachment later. will a double acting valve work to operate the single acting cylinder,or do I have to add 2 valves? brent

/ single acting vs. double acting #2  
The DA valve will work fine. What will you be operating that's got a SA cylinder?

/ single acting vs. double acting #3  
Yes, just run one hose from one working port and plug the other working port on the DA valve. This is of course assuming you have proper safety reliefs in the system to cover when you send pressure to that plugged port to allow fluid to return from the single acting cylinder.

Dump trailer?

/ single acting vs. double acting
small dump trailer, single acting cyl. also I could leave all the FEL lines connected,and still raise and lower the mower deck, s/a also. wanting to build a grapple/ top clamp for the bucket. if the valve has pressure relief, is that enough for the s/a set-up?
brent

/ single acting vs. double acting #5  
bmw63 said:
if the valve has pressure relief, is that enough for the s/a set-up?
brent

Yes, it should be, that is what is there for. Putting a plug in a working port is the same thing as running a cylinder to it's end stop. Fluid stops flowing thru the working ports and starts flowing thru the relief and to the return port on the valve.