Rear remotes now, bh6000 IN FUTURE ???

/ Rear remotes now, bh6000 IN FUTURE ??? #1  

James.Hering

Tractor
kubota 2230
Hello all, I am a new member here. I love this forum. I am an owner of a BX2230. I would like to get a hydraulic toplink now, but am considering a BH6000 in the future.

My question is, What remotes should I buy now for the toplink, so that I don't waste money in the future if I get a Woods Backhoe. I assume the BH kit comes with remotes and hydraulics. Would these be in addition too the toplink remote or would I use the BH remotes for the toplink.

I have been lurking for months, reading every thread I can on BH6000 and toplinks. I am still trying to figure out what I need to do.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim

/ Rear remotes now, bh6000 IN FUTURE ??? #2  
Welcome to TBN.

I do not claim to be an expert in this department as I have no hyd top link or back hoe or remotes for that matter, but i have worked with hyd and understand the principles. (How is that for a disclaimer upfront using our common conjunctions?!!)

The remotes for a top-link and a bh are fundamentally different. For the tl you have a valve that controls a cylinder, whereas for a bh you are drawing on the hyd pump from the tractor directly through a power beyond port in the loader circuit, without any intervening valve to direct flow to the bh.

Flow with the toplink Pump - FEL valve - (PB) - top link control valve - 3pt - return. In this situation the remotes are connected to and controlled by the tl control valve.

Flow with backhoe Pump- FEL valve - (PB) - remotes (which must be connected through the bh valve or by a hose) - 3pt - return

I know that this is drastically simplified and assumes the FEL which is not a requirement, but it shows the fundamental difference between remote connections for a bh and top link.

The bottom line then is that the remotes are radically different and therefore would not be duplicated in a top link install.

I hope that is clear--if not I will try to clarify or allow someone who has experience in this more specifically explain.

Mike in Warsaw

/ Rear remotes now, bh6000 IN FUTURE ??? #3  
That is the question, isn't it. The Bx2230 was never designed to accept a Backhoe, however with the Woods kit, it works. Your dealer may know if the rear hydraulics kit is compatable with the BH. Considering the rear hydraulics kit costs less than $300 if you install it yourself, and the BH is around $6000
I wouldn't feel bad starting with the kit first. Even if it doesn't work with the Woods BH, you delayed that big investment awhile.
Best of Luck

Hello all, I am a new member here. I love this forum. I am an owner of a BX2230. I would like to get a hydraulic toplink now, but am considering a BH6000 in the future.