Totally Confused

/ Totally Confused #1  

ChrisJD4320

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
I have a 4320 with Dual Mid SCVs installed for my loader. I want to buy some hay equipment and Ive noticed they use hydraulics alot. I assume I need to install a 3rd SCV at the back of the tractor. The JD website has lots of things that can be installed.
1) 3rd SCV
2) 4th and 5th SCVs
3) Power beyond
4) Electric diverter

Why would I need so many things? Should I get them all? Is the 3rd SCV enough? What does each allow me to do? Please help!

/ Totally Confused #2  
Your best et would probably be to go down to your dealer and tell him what you want to do, and he'll tell you what you need.

I dont think you want a diverter, that would mean that you would be using your loader valve for your hay equip. Power beyond is a method of getting hydraulic flow out of your laoder valve.

I think a 3rd scv is what you need too.

/ Totally Confused #3  
ChrisJD4320 said:
I have a 4320 with Dual Mid SCVs installed for my loader. I want to buy some hay equipment and Ive noticed they use hydraulics alot. I assume I need to install a 3rd SCV at the back of the tractor. The JD website has lots of things that can be installed.
1) 3rd SCV
2) 4th and 5th SCVs
3) Power beyond
4) Electric diverter

Why would I need so many things? Should I get them all? Is the 3rd SCV enough? What does each allow me to do? Please help!

I have the 3rd, and the diverter option for 4/5. Soon to be adding #6. Why you might need so many is a function of what you are going to do. As an example: I have a 4in1 front bucket that requires a feed(currently on the 3rd) (soon to be on the 6th with a joystick control) and frequently use a landpride 84 inch rear blade that requires 3 feeds for full function. Using the joystick and diverter for that is actually quite nice, as I have it set up where it is intuitive which way is what on the blade.
The hay binder uses 1 rear for swing. I have seen those that use 2. Some folks have a top-n-tilt that they swear by, that would require two functions. Power beyond is useful for high volume attachments: Backhoe, log splitter, post hole drill.

Once you start using hydraulics, you find it hard to go back to the get off-adjust-climb back on method.

/ Totally Confused #4  
What you are really looking for is rear remotes. JD should have an option for these. Depending on the equipment you want to run you either will need one or two. Or you could just add one and pick up a splitter.