Hyrdaulics for Dummies

/ Hyrdaulics for Dummies
As an addendum, make sure to doublecheck for leaks with a hot engine at full throttle. Hot hydraulic fluid is less viscous and will flow through a smaller opening, the heat will also make small openings into bigger ones, and the full throttle will ensure max pressure. I had to torque down a few connections after I was finally able to get out and mow today.

Anyone have a picture of how they've tie-wrapped a QC? I can't seem to do so in a meaningful manner. Or do you make loops above and below the connector and then tie-wrap the loops together?

/ Hyrdaulics for Dummies #12  
Excellent writeup!! I know from experience that editing the pictures, putting on the comments and uploading them takes a lot of time. Thanks for taking that time to benefit the rest of us! :D

/ Hyrdaulics for Dummies #13  
Nice job Jd.

I've been thinking of doing something similar and have questions, maybe you can help.

My setup; 790 w/ BH via factory installed PB.

Can I install a valve like this 'inline' with the BH ?

If so, before or after the BH ?. does it even matter ?

/ Hyrdaulics for Dummies #14  
Willl said:
Nice job Jd.

I've been thinking of doing something similar and have questions, maybe you can help.

My setup; 790 w/ BH via factory installed PB.

Can I install a valve like this 'inline' with the BH ?

If so, before or after the BH ?. does it even matter ?

Yes, you can install the valve inline with the backhoe PowerBeyond hoses, and it does not matter whether it's before or after. Just be sure the IN's and OUT's of the valves are hooked up correctly, and that it has the proper flow rating to avoid restriction. The Prince stacked valves would be a good choice.

/ Hyrdaulics for Dummies
Two other considerations when installing inline with a BH:

1. Space. My BH is pretty tight as it is and I think my valve position is in conflict. I haven't tried but I'm guessing I'll remove the valve before installing the BH.

2. Flow. A lesser consideration, but using the BH will likely make the flow at the rear SCVs drop to a trickle. Likewise using the rear SCVs may cause the backhoe to slow down. This is probably not an issue since you'll probably not use both at the same time but in case you were thinking about digging a hole while you're splitting logs... :)

/ Hyrdaulics for Dummies #16  
jdbower said:
Anyone have a picture of how they've tie-wrapped a QC? I can't seem to do so in a meaningful manner. Or do you make loops above and below the connector and then tie-wrap the loops together?

I just put the zip tie around the barrel of the female connector, between the sliding collar and the hose end, so the sliding collar can't be slid back to release the male portion of the QC. Also suggested on this site was to use a screw on hose clamp at this location. At any rate, the idea is to keep something or someone from inadvertently sliding the collar and releasing a QC without first using a cutting tool or screw driver to remove the zip-tie or clamp.

Attachments

• ziptie.bmp
    112.6 KB · Views: 375
   / Hyrdaulics for Dummies #17  
kennyd said:
Yes, you can install the valve inline with the backhoe PowerBeyond hoses, and it does not matter whether it's before or after. Just be sure the IN's and OUT's of the valves are hooked up correctly
Wouldn't the up stream valve have to feed the down stream valve via a PB outlet ?
Like so ?

28672pb-med.jpg

/ Hyrdaulics for Dummies #19  
That should work just fine.
Lee