Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2006 New Holland TC33DA with SS, R4 loaded tires, 2 rear remotes, arms rests, & rear light

Default Hydraulic Top Link

I just ordered a hydraulic top link and hose kit from Carter and Carter Machinery, Inc. in Tennessee. Mark was very helpful and I'm looking forward to receiving his product. Check out their site at http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm

Has anyone else ordered a top link for a New Holland TC33DA? If so, I was wondering which cylinder you chose. I ordered the 18" to 26.5" with check valve.
    Jeff

2006 New Holland TC33DA SS
    2008 Irish Terrier

Tractor
    FarmTrac 300DTC

Default Re: Hydraulic Top Link

Got mine (18-26.5) a couple of weeks ago. (Farmtrac 300DTC)

How could I live without it!!!!!!!
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Farmtrac 300DTC w/FEL, BB, 5' RC, 6' rake, bucket grapple & forks,
    20+5 GN deckover, 09' Dodge 2500 4X4

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 Mahindra 4110 w/509 BH

Quote Originally Posted by Compact1
    I just ordered a hydraulic top link and hose kit from Carter and Carter Machinery, Inc. in Tennessee. Mark was very helpful and I'm looking forward to receiving his product. Check out their site at http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm
    Has anyone else ordered a top link for a New Holland TC33DA? If so, I was wondering which cylinder you chose. I ordered the 18" to 26.5" with check valve.
    No, but I am definitely jealous! That's been on my want list for a very long time... but there are still too many other *mandatory* things in the way that must be bought first.

Dougster

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
    Tractor
    55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284

Quote Originally Posted by Dougster
    No, but I am definitely jealous! That's been on my want list for a very long time... but there are still too many other *mandatory* things in the way that must be bought first.

Dougster
    Hi Doug,
    Just wanted to say this one might be one of those "mandatory" ones though. It is so handy you will kick yourself for not getting it sooner!
    Rob-
    ...The Older I get...the Better I Used to be...
    Member of the Month

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 Mahindra 4110 w/509 BH

Quote Originally Posted by 3RRL
    Hi Doug, Just wanted to say this one might be one of those "mandatory" ones though. It is so handy you will kick yourself for not getting it sooner!
    Oh, I hear you loud and clear Rob. And less expensive things do sometimes move to the front of the line! But four things still sit there on the list ahead of any and all discretionary items... and, sadly, this is still a discretionary item!

Dougster

Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GST CAB

I have been looking to get a hydraulic top link for a while now. My tractor has the hydraulic connector on the back. Can't I just buy a cylinder and hook it into the connector?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

Quote Originally Posted by EZ-HITCH
    I have been looking to get a hydraulic top link for a while now. My tractor has the hydraulic connector on the back. Can't I just buy a cylinder and hook it into the connector?
    Is the rear port connected to a valve control of some sort or is it a Power Beyond? If it's the former, yes. You'll just need to add the hoses and quick connects (or have the guy you get the toplink from install them). If it's a Power Beyond port you'll need a valve of some sort, like I did here.
    Thanks,

Jeff

JD 2520, 62D OnRamp MMM with MCS, 200CX Loader with 53" bucket and forks, RT1250 tiller, DR PTO Chipper/Shredder, iMatch/Pat's EZ Change, 46 BH, Top-N-Tilt

Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GST CAB

Quote Originally Posted by jdbower
    Is the rear port connected to a valve control of some sort or is it a Power Beyond? If it's the former, yes. You'll just need to add the hoses and quick connects (or have the guy you get the toplink from install them). If it's a Power Beyond port you'll need a valve of some sort, like I did here.

I have two controls inside the cab that go to the ports. I think the previous owner had a hydraulic top link and a hydraulic "vertical arm" (I don't know the correct name for this part).

Anyway, can't I just order a 1" cylinder from xyz store and install it? I know I will have to make sure the length is right. Or is there something that I am missing?

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HST

I've had one from CCM for about six months now and it is very handy. While it makes hooking up very easy (no more threads!) it also makes UNhooking challenging. I just spent ten minutes today unhooking my box scraper because I couldn't find the 'null spot' where there was no tension on the top-link so I could unhook it. Any tips here?

-Brian
    Kubota L5030HST
    LA853 QA FEL, Forks & Grapple
    Bushhog SQ720, 72" BoxBlade
    TR3 Rake
    Rural South Carolina

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

Quote Originally Posted by EZ-HITCH
    Anyway, can't I just order a 1" cylinder from xyz store and install it? I know I will have to make sure the length is right. Or is there something that I am missing?
    That will work, but you'll probably want to cannibalize an existing toplink to weld the ends on. I ended up with a CCM toplink because I haven't gotten a welder yet.

As for finding the sweet spot where you can unhitch the implement I haven't run into the issue yet (but I don't swap implements that often). I do generally use a mallet or hammer to get pins out, if you get close enough to level that may work. I also made the lever for the toplink face backwards so I should be able to tap the pin with the hammer as I move the toplink back and forth until the pin gives easily (stay clear of the implement, of course!). Finally, I also am using undersized hoses (1/4" instead of 3/8") so the toplink may move slower than it would with the appropriate hoses, idling down should slow it down even more and make fine adjustments possible.
    Thanks,

Jeff

JD 2520, 62D OnRamp MMM with MCS, 200CX Loader with 53" bucket and forks, RT1250 tiller, DR PTO Chipper/Shredder, iMatch/Pat's EZ Change, 46 BH, Top-N-Tilt

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast