Yanmar 330D Hydraulic loader problem

/ Yanmar 330D Hydraulic loader problem #1  

jerhutch

Tractor
Ym330D
Re: Yanmar 330D Hydraulic loader problem

My tractor has a 電ivider block for the position control valve for the loader. The loader position control valve inlet and outlet are piped into/from this divider block. The divider block is connected in line of the discharge of the hydraulic pump. My problem is that I pulled the hydraulic hoses off without marking them and do not know which house connects to the inlet and outlet of the control valve. The Divider block has one hose on the side and one on the bottom side. There is also another port for another hose on the bottom.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Jerry

/ Yanmar 330D Hydraulic loader problem #2  
What does your loader valve look like? They usually have a hydraulic safety valve in the valve body. This valve is usually near the valve inlet port.

/ Yanmar 330D Hydraulic loader problem
RonMar said:
What does your loader valve look like? They usually have a hydraulic safety valve in the valve body. This valve is usually near the valve inlet port.
The valve is a 3 spool similar to the following:
Dalton Bearing & Hydraulic Mono-Block Control Valves:RD5300 3-Spool - 25 GPM
The problem is not with the valve itself. The problem is that both the inlet and outlet of the value comes from the same divider block which is in-line with the hydraulic line from the discharge of the pump. I do not know how this divider block works but do not want to get the inlet and outlet reversed.
thanks
Jerry

/ Yanmar 330D Hydraulic loader problem #4  
I have the same valve, the inlet is on the left side with the handles facing you. As for which port on the tractor block is the supply from the pump, disconnect the hoses from the loader valve and connect them to the ports on the tractor. Run the now free ends(that were connected to the loader valve) to a clean bucket then start the tractor briefly. The one with the fluid comming out when the engine is running is the supply:) Re-attach hoses to loader valve accordingly and pour fluid from bucket back into reservoir.

Ron,
Thanks for the info.
I do not think that I am making myself clear. I understand the piping and the functionality of the 3 spool valve on the loader. You are correct that the inlet is on the left... The problem is that both the inlet and the outlet of that valve come from the same source, i.e., the "divider block" (this is what the operating manual calls it). I do not understand the functionality of that "divider block". Again, it is a block that is in-line with the hydraulic pump discharge. I do not know which hydraulic hose to attached to the inlet of the control valve and which to attach to the outlet.
Hope this helps.
Jerry

Ron,
I thought more about your response and did the bucket thing and it appears to be working. However, I do not have the loader on so will have to install it tomorrow to make sure the loader control valve is working. I've had this tractor for about 4 years and have been working on it as time and $ permits. I've re-built the engine and other misc work but have not had it running until lately. I've never had the loader working.
Do you know anything about the adjustment for the relief valve for the loader control valve? The operator manual says that the max PSI is 2004 lbs so I'll set it at 1900 or so. I purchased the used control valve so not sure what it set at. To lower that PSI, do I turn the screw counter clock wise?
I'll have to do the same with the 3pt relief but the operator's manual explains how to do that.

Thanks
Jerry

/ Yanmar 330D Hydraulic loader problem #7  
The relief on that 3 spool valve is a 2 nut affair. One a lock nut, the other the adjuster. The adjuster compresses a spring against the relief valve seat. You are correct in it's operation, righty-tighty(or higher relief pressure), lefty loosey...