should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #11  
bjcsc said:
It may be a bit of an exaggeration in PA, but it's spot on around here. I needed two lengths of 12' 1/2" two-wire 3500PSI hose with 1/2"MPT ends for my logsplitter. Local hydraulic shop quoted me ~$90-$100 each. I'm curious what your price would be??

That's not a bad price. I'm not going to post my price as I didn't come here to sell.

Instead, I went to Northern Tool and bought them for $23.99 each. But, I suppose to be fair, the actual cost including tax was $25.80...;

You guys crack me up. I read the post about the Chinese bearings, I hear all the crying about Chinese stuff. Where do you think these hoses, fittings, and assemblies are coming from? If I had some little nip working for me for a pound of rice and 5 cents a day, I could sell stuff for this price too.

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose
Hi all:

Not meaning to start a flame war. Drove the 3 minutes out of way home thurs and got me 4 1/4 & 4 3/8 female to male swivels for 15.60 including tax (about .30-50 cents more than surplus plus shipping -? tax) Got to talking with the gal behind counter (sharp cookie could look at kubota quick couple 6' away and tell idiot/runner at reg to get xyz) She said if you get swivel ends on hose 2-3 yrs and rubber o ring they crimp down on gets brittle /decays and leaks so which would I like to do replace $33+ hose or if oring in swivel does same $1.75. Sold to american.

Thanx Pat R

Ps very little problems/aggrevastion work in office going to hyd store TSC/farm supply more like trip to fair to me !! Ps she is not hard on eyes either (wifey no looky)

I think Kubota says to replace all hoses every 2 yrs god hate to think of cost of fel/bh whatnot on bx-23

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #13  
Wayne County Hose said:
? If I had some little nip working for me for a pound of rice and 5 cents a day, I could sell stuff for this price too.

Lets not be offensive and use racial epitaphs.... Remember.. familly values.. multi-cultural veiwership and all... It's not polite, needed, or wanted in a civil conversation.

All things aside.. if he used the premade TSC hoses, they are not swivel. i used TSC hoses and some fem swivel pipe to ORB ( 3/8 ) to plumb my last loader tractor up. Pre made hoses made it so much easier to set it up by being able to run my hoses and see what i could put where... ende dup that none were too long by any more than an inch due to 'lucky' routing techniques.

Soundguy

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #14  
My bad. I apologize. No harm meant. I just get fired up when there is not a level playing field.

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #15  
I hear all the crying about Chinese stuff. Where do you think these hoses, fittings, and assemblies are coming from? If I had some little nip working for me for a pound of rice and 5 cents a day, I could sell stuff for this price too.

If I go down to the tractor shop they charge 8p/cm of hose, online I can buy the same hose for 4p/cm. Fittings are less than half the price online too.
Same hose, same fittings.... Hose made in Italy, fittings made here.

I would guess the price difference is down the the efficiency of the company and the volume that they sell.
Sure you cant compete on price, the only reason I would go to the tractor shop is if I was desparate to have one that day.
You cant expect people to ignore that saving

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #16  
Mith said:
Same hose, same fittings.... Hose made in Italy, fittings made here.

I would guess the price difference is down the the efficiency of the company and the volume that they sell.
Sure you cant compete on price, the only reason I would go to the tractor shop is if I was desparate to have one that day.
You cant expect people to ignore that saving

Actually, it is not the same hose and fitting. Show me where you can get name brand hose online for half the price. What you are buying online is an inferior product. Price difference has nothing to do with efficiency and little to do with volume. The largest expense of any business is payroll. Internet companies hire people from temp agencies at $9 an hour and no benefits. I wouldn't want anyone working for me for that. Nor would I trust anyone making that wage. Us small shops need good talent and people we can trust. Therefore, we have to pay. The kid picking your internet order doesn't know JIC from SAE.

Truth be known is I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. I very rarely have to defend my prices to my customers. They come here and tell me I don't charge enough. If you want to buy off the 'net, fine. Call them when you need help.

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #17  
Rubbish. The manufacturers name is printed on the hose as well as the origin, and they are the same.
I have called the online company, and recieved the help I needed, and recieved a follow up call after hours to see if I had worked it out.

I wont deny that running a small buisness is very expensive.
That is why products will always cost more, and why you can buy the same thing from a larger company online for less.

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #18  
Okay, looks like you know more about the hose business than I do. Everybody can p.m. you for help now.

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #19  
Thats just stupid, I didnt say I knew more about hoses.
I think you are making alot of assumptions about all online hose retailes based on how Surplus Centre or Northern Tool or whatever company sells chinese hose/fittings.
Not all do.....

/ should hose fitting spin on 3/8 hose #20  
Mith said:
Thats just stupid, I didnt say I knew more about hoses.
I think you are making alot of assumptions about all online hose retailes based on how Surplus Centre or Northern Tool or whatever company sells chinese hose/fittings.
Not all do.....

I think this is a fair point. I think you (WCH) are trying to paint in too broad of strokes here. It kind of goes along with the inference that auto parts store know nothing about hoses. The last hoses I bought happen to be from O'Reilly's. Part of this reason is that the manager at the time is a good friend of mine and I knew I would get good hoses at his discount price. He does some farming on the side and knows a thing or two about hose. It was all Gates hose and he asked me which end would would be best for the swivel. No I realize not all places are like this, and in fact this is the kind of service you guys at Wayne County provide. Also remember that Mith is on the other side of the pond too, so his experiences may REALLY be different.