Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
I'm in the process of buying a L39 and want to set the hydraulic controls up for a FEL mounted V-plow. I have connected conventional power angle plows to tractors and trucks but never worked with the controls for a power angle v-plow.

Seems like the cylinders will be double acting and will need to operate independent of each other. Perhaps two control valves with a joystick type control to allow 'full blade left angle' 'full blade right angle' 'vplow position' 'inverted v position' and all of the other possible positions in between.

Have any of you folks every looked at the details of the truck implementation of this combined control of the two cylinders?

Appreciate your thoughts.

D

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #3  
It seems you will need two remotes to do this, and controlling it will get confusing!

Do you have rear remotes on your machine? Or are you thinking of full joystick control with the use of diverters?

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls
I agree. To be useful it will need to be easy to use. I'm thinking a joystick might be the most natural movement. The problem is it would be nice to integrate it into the FEL control lever handle. Kind of a thumb switch size joystick where.. side to side = left (/)- right(\), and forward - back switch movement = ^ to v movement.

I've been scanning the various plow and hydraulic mfgs to see what I can find. A number have such joysticks but I haven't found any that look easy to integrate into the FEL control valve. I may have to settle on mounting the joystick close by to minimize hand movement between the FEL valve and the joystick. On the existing Curtis straight blade for my old tractor I have to reach back to work the rear remote valve to angle the plow. This hasn't really been a problem.

I have seen some diverter applications in the forums for grapples. Haven't found the mfg of the switch yet though and they look to be only a bushbutton switch integrated into the FEL control handle.

New tractor has Aux hydraulics available at the FEL and BH and 3 rear remotes. Haven't decided which to use yet. Still trying to work out the details of how the hydraulics and electrically will work. I think the hydraulic supply/return will be the easy part.

I'm thinking diverters on the plow, hyd. quick disconnects and electrical connector on the tractor.

D

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #5  
D,

The more I think about this, the more confuseder I get:D

I think the easiest, way, and possibly the cheapest way, and most reliable way may be to add a whole new joystick. Sounds crazy I know, but getting into solenoids and multiple diverters is going to be a PITA.

My thought was something like THIS to just control the blade, you could mount it so it comes off with the plow.

I have seen some diverter applications in the forums for grapples. Haven't found the mfg of the switch yet though and they look to be only a bushbutton switch integrated into the FEL control handle.

Most of the add-on handles either have a rocker switch (ON-OFF-ON) or just a momentary push-button. You can order a handle from OTTO with any switches you want, but it's still going to be very confusing to operate and it will still cost about $200 to get the custom handle I bet...

That's about all the ideas I have right now...Short of taking the FEL off and making the plow frame mounted, which may be a good idea if your doing smaller places. That V-Plow is going to stick way out and be very heavy!

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #6  
did anyone ever figure this out? I would love to install a v plow on my tractor. I do have 2 sets of rear remotes. I currently use 1 set for my meyer plow on quick attach plate to power angle.

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #7  
With two sets of rear remotes you should be able to run a vee plow. One for the angle and the other for the Vee function.

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #8  
With two sets of rear remotes you should be able to run a vee plow. One for the angle and the other for the Vee function.
Huh? If its mounted on the loader arms you will need one remote for each side of the v plow.

Aaron Z

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #9  
I don't have a V plow, I did look at one with the same thought in mind.
As I recall it had two double acting cylinder's when both were centered you had a straight blade _._,
Retract the left cylinder and extend the right cylinder and you have a straight blade angled to the left /,
Extend the left, retract the right and you have a straight blade angled right\,
Extend both cylinders and you have scoop V plow,
Retract both cylinders and you have a conventional ^ plow.
So yes you would need two remotes of some type to run the two cylinders.

/ Power Angle 'V-Plow' controls #10  
if its off a truck it has self contained hydraulics and needs a good 12v supply the control should reach the cab but if not you will have to add some wire

if it is for a loader or such you need 2 hydraulic systems, one for each side