Cylinder ID

/ Cylinder ID #1  

bones1

Platinum Member
St.Marys County. Maryland/Tall Timbers Md.
Tractor
Farmtrac 300 dtc
I got these off E Bay and wondered if anyone would know anything about these or what they were used on.The seller knew nothing about them.They are of extremely high quality and it looks like they have regulators on them.Looks like military as they are heavy and of better quality than any I have seen before.
Thanks for any info.
c010.gif
What...You can't do this without pictures?:eek::eek:
PICT0187Small.jpg

PICT0188Small.jpg

Last edited:
   / Cylinder ID #2  
I got these off E Bay

Got these what ???

Larry

/ Cylinder ID #3  
He's posting the pictures later...:D

/ Cylinder ID #5  
Best guess based on the little plastic hoses ? and brass compression fittings?, I am thinking maybe they are pneumatic (air) operated cylinders?

Larry

/ Cylinder ID
Larry, there was some hyd fluid in the lines when I extended them.I know some cylinders can use air or fluid.High pressure/low pressure, how can I test them?.Judging from the 1/2 in holes in the mounts they would seem to have some force to them.

/ Cylinder ID #7  
Pneumatic cylinders usually have a smaller rod as they have way less power. The lines do look like pneumatic. Can you get a close up pic of the cut end of the line? They do look like some nice hydraulic cylinders. Maybe for a low pressure application, that's why the brass fittings. Only way to test is to hook it up and turn on the power. Too bad you weren't closer, I have a nice test bench for hydraulics.

/ Cylinder ID #8  
Stephen (Bones1),

Those are a really nice matched pair of cylinders. Regardless of what they were used for in the past, my question is - what are you planning on using them for? What is the bore & stroke? and the rod diameter? How about the size of the clevis mounting holes? Do the clevis ends have a swivel? Want to sell them to me for a small (very small) profit? :D

Larry

/ Cylinder ID
Hi Andy.I have some more pictures that might help. It is thick wall plastic or Synflex hose.What would I need to get to build a small test bench?.
PICT0019.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

Last edited:
   / Cylinder ID
"Too bad you weren't closer, I have a nice test bench for hydraulics."
Road trip.
Andy, I can come up with lots of fine spirits to taste test:D
dorstig6wi.gif