Tractor
    1958 Ferguson TO35 Deluxe

Default Question on a Ferguson TO35 Deluxe Hydraulics

I've got a 1958 Ferguson TO35 Deluxe that was purchased new by my wife's grandfather. When it was purchased, the dealer installed a double spool valve and front end loader before it left the shop. Today, the front end loader has been removed and I would like to remove the double spool valve and control the lift with the Hydralever. I removed the double spool valve and installed the external transfer plate. But the Hydralever will not move the rear blade. I can't figure this out. I've tried various positions with the draft lever, but nothing changes. The oil pressure seems to be good because the blade works great with the double spool valve installed. I even took the hydraulic cover off and tried to feel around the "fingers" to see if anything was out of whack. I came up with nothing but a pool of oil on the floor! Anyway, I have reinstalled the double spool valve and would appreciate any information or advice on getting the Hydralever to do what it is designed to do. Lift the blade! Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance. RT

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Default Re: Question on a Ferguson TO35 Deluxe Hydraulics

Quote Originally Posted by RTHorton
    I've got a 1958 Ferguson TO35 Deluxe that was purchased new by my wife's grandfather. When it was purchased, the dealer installed a double spool valve and front end loader before it left the shop. Today, the front end loader has been removed and I would like to remove the double spool valve and control the lift with the Hydralever. I removed the double spool valve and installed the external transfer plate. But the Hydralever will not move the rear blade. I can't figure this out. I've tried various positions with the draft lever, but nothing changes. The oil pressure seems to be good because the blade works great with the double spool valve installed. I even took the hydraulic cover off and tried to feel around the "fingers" to see if anything was out of whack. I came up with nothing but a pool of oil on the floor! Anyway, I have reinstalled the double spool valve and would appreciate any information or advice on getting the Hydralever to do what it is designed to do. Lift the blade! Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance. RT
    When you re-installed that external plate, you should have a "standpipe" that engages with the plate. There should be an O-ring at the top of that standpipe that seals to the external plate. Also, that standpipe needs to fit into the pump down inside the rear end housing. If not, the hydraulic flow will vent inside the rear end and nothing happens.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.