MF 1010 FEL BUCKET DROP

/ MF 1010 FEL BUCKET DROP #1  

oneparsec

Help! I have a MF 1010 with a FEL and the bucket always wants to drop/dump, even with the engine rpm's at 2,000. Any suggestions or advise? I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you, Jeff :(

/ MF 1010 FEL BUCKET DROP #2  
I don't know if thats particular to your tractor, My Kioti does the same thing. If I am moving a bucket full any distance, I have to bump the control to roll it back about every 200 yards.

Even without a load it wants to roll forward but at a slower rate. From others I talked to this seems normal.

/ MF 1010 FEL BUCKET DROP #3  
This sounds like cylinder drift and is not normal, no matter what any dealer says. Put a load in the bucket, hold up the bucket with a come a long or something similar. Remove the hoses from the cylinders and cap them with steel caps. Make sure they won't leak. Now remove the come a long. Measure how much the cylinders drift in 15 minutes and in one hour. Ask the factory what is acceptable. Compare and go from there.

Very rarely is this drifting caused by anything but the piston seals in your cylinders. I have a man lift here in the shop that hasn't been started in over 3 months. The cylinders have not drifted even 1 centimeter.

/ MF 1010 FEL BUCKET DROP #4  
This is not normal. There is oil bypassing somewhere - possibly need to replace seals in the bucket cylinders. The bucket should not settle this quickly, if at all.

/ MF 1010 FEL BUCKET DROP
Thank you everyone for your advice. All answers point to the cylinders. Thank you. Jeff

/ MF 1010 FEL BUCKET DROP #6  
Just finished rebuilding the lift and tilt cylinders on my MF 1010. Had a small leak by the wiper on one of the lift cylinders and the tilt would move when I was moving loads of gravel. After the rebuild, no leaks and the drift problem is gone. I was surprised that each cylinder was assembled slightly differently. Probably re-builds by different people with different parts available. Anyway, hope you were able to repair your cylinders.