what is power beyond? + spoole valves

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #1  

RancherSam

Silver Member
Tractor
Case IH JX95 4x4
I'm sorry if I'm asking simple hydraulic questions over and over, you know someday I may stop.

So here it goes.

1) what is "power beyond"
2) Valves. 2 spool open center valve as in this ( Surplus Center Item Detail ). Break it down for me. # of inlet connections, is it just two ( coming from one remote )? I assume there are four outlet connections for using 2 double acting cylinders. Any more inlets and outlets? And what is open center? Am I completely off base?

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #2  
Power Beyond is just a "loop" of hydraulic oil. When the tractor is running, the hydraulic pump is always pumping fluid, it is always moving and if it's stopped bad things can happen. When you "add" power beyond you are simply extending that "loop" to another valve, whether it like the one you linked, or a backhoe, or log splitter.

2) Valves.
That valve would have one inlet, and one outlet, It does not appear to have a PB outlet, or the capability of adding one.
There are four "work" ports, two for each spool to connect to a DA cylinder.
"Open Center" means that when the spools are in their neutral position (handles centered) the hydraulic fluid can flow freely from the inlet port to the outlet port, remember: Bad things can happen if you stop the flow of fluid from the pump...

Clear as mud?:D

Let me know if you need further explanations...

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #3  
here is a typical drawing

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #4  
sorry forgot to attach

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #5  
RancherSam said:
I'm sorry if I'm asking simple hydraulic questions over and over, you know someday I may stop.

So here it goes.

2) Valves. 2 spool open center valve as in this ( Surplus Center Item Detail ). Break it down for me. # of inlet connections, is it just two ( coming from one remote )? I assume there are four outlet connections for using 2 double acting cylinders. Any more inlets and outlets? And what is open center? Am I completely off base?

Before breaking into the hydraulics on your tractor, you need to check with your dealer or a mechanic to be sure you get the right type of remote valve (open center or closed center). Which one is needed depends on the type of pump in your hydraulic system. If you select the valve incorrectly, you could damage that pump. As a minimum, get the service manual for your tractor and check the hydraulics section for info.

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #6  
What is power beyond? As I view it, It is really quite simple. On a standard open center valve, when you stall the cylinder, the excess fluid will bypass through the relief valve and continue downstream through the return line to the tank.
When you have a power beyond type valve, there is an extra hose in the valve body through which the hyd. fluid will flow in a relief valve bypass condition. Thus when you place another valve beyond the first valve (factory valve) and it is in an overpressure condition, the factory valve will then relieve the pressure at the factory preset pressure and route the fluid back to the reservoir through the extra hose mentioned above, and if there is a built-in relief on the second valve it may or not relieve depending upon it's setting.

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #7  
what type of tractor do you have ?
do you have a loader on currently ?
why do you want a another valve ?

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves
thanks for all the responses guys. Subzero, I have a caseih jx95 with a quickie loader. I want to put a blade on the loader and the angling requires one more spool. Also I want to have a tnt 3pt system and still be able to have one or two remotes available for implements.

/ what is power beyond? + spoole valves #9  
follow the lines on your loader back to your tractor...
is there 3 lines ?