Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled

/ Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled #1  

JD1050

Tractor
John Deere 1050 & 5105 , J.I. CASE 800 gas, & 930CK Diesel
I am installing Power Beyond and 2 rear SCV's on a JD 5105 that already has a center SCV for the loader joystick. When I got to looking at the JD drawing instructions that came with the power beyond, It has been mislabled or my power beyond unit is stamped incorrectly. And with a center scv I have to tie two lines together from the power beyond unit to the center scv then back to the valve. I will take a pic and post a pic of the drawing instructions to indicate what is in question. Just wanted to get this thread started, I have postsin others reguarding this tractor and setup.
(( -- Frame,Mounts,Casting,JD5105 10A Backhoe Modifications

---JD5105 series owners-What attachments work best with this tractor, root rake,grapple, ( 1 2 3)

--5105 tractor & 10 A Backhoe , Hydraulic pluming , mounts.

--- Need advice on 5105 tractor & 10 A Backhoe , Hydraulic pluming , mounts ))

/ Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled #2  
maybe these drawings will help ... big thing DO NOT DEAD HEAD FLOW

/ Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled
Here is the JD drawing that is incorrect. Item #4 and #5. My application is this page 10, also included drawing without mid-mount to see the difference. .
Please help !
And thankyou for the reply so far.:)

Attachments

• PB001a.JPG
    PB001a.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 848
  • PB002.jpg
    PB002.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 452
  • PB003.jpg
    PB003.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 593
   / Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled #4  
I see the image but what EXACTLY is the discrepency? It might help if you post your question a little more clearly. As for whether the instructions are mislabeled, I don't doubt this one bit. I've had problems with their instructions too but have never seen them to be mislabeled. Rather, my problem was in the sequencing of the steps.

Sure I can do that: :..... As indicated, the problem starts with item #4- Connect hyd hose "C" from port "R" on Power Beyond valve "B" to port "S" on the end cap (20). (((Now find hose "C" in JD drawing, it goes to port "T" on the power beyond, in JD drawing.)))
---Yes the letters I wrote in cordinate with what is physically stamped in the part, and other JD images. I would safly say those are correct. (But, I guess I could have a part/valve that is improperly stamped.)
--That is where the problem starts, read on in item #5 and it continues. Hard to see at first but, that should help with pointing out exactly where my question/problem starts.

/ Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled #6  
A hydraulic flow flow-chart will probably help you get it sorted out.

I see your dilemma and if it was me, it would appear that the instructions are correct and the illustration is incorrect. I surmise this because on page 8, the routing is clearly stated and that chart and illustration is for the non (mid mount control valve) optioned tractor. Nevertheless, it shows that port T matches up with port T except on the page depicting the mid-mount equipped tractor, there is an additional hydraulic "T-fitting" to plumb the extra valve into the system T-port. Therefore, if I was doing the install, I would probably ignore the illustration and route it according to the instructions. But that is just me... I like taking chances but for the most part, I am generally right, but every now and then, I am wrong!! Guess that wasn't much help?

/ Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled #7  
I agree with Super. I think they screwed up one point in the drawing. I would also go with the written instructions. I think the drawing is probably supposed to be:

Attachments

• PBY.JPG
    PBY.JPG
    337 KB · Views: 482
Have been moving right along on this task. Have completed all hyd add on's. Power Beyond Kit, and two additional rear svc valves for top and tilt control and other normal functions. Also have completed all the bracket mods for the backhoe, will post those pics in the customization form very soon.
Thankyou for all the help from everyone! And a JD dealer that was further away from me, in fishers IN, Reynold's Imp for the help with determining that JD prints that came with the power beyond kit were incorrect as I had noticed. And were gladly able to determine in 30min as to the correct way to install. Thanks to their shop manager and two mechanics for their efforts to solve quickly. This is the service one expects from a Deere Dealer.
(sadly my local JD dealer toke two weeks to answer me and stilll could not answer with confidence as to what was correct. Only after I became upset with them did I get some action, if I only would have delayed payment of the $4500. in parts purchased for this project, maybe it would have been different. Luckily I like Deere, and understand a dealership is only as good as the people it chooses to hire.)
This could have been a disaster if incorrectly hooked up per the JD directions, on this Open center system! I wonder who would have been liable???? LOL
Thankyou to all that were of great help. have detailed prints, pictures and much much more now that its done. Avail to anyone in need of this, even the dealership that was so slow and failed me. Nothing should have to be this challenging, so info is here, just ask.
It has been a fun project aside from that bump in the road.
:)

Attachments

• d 5105 Hyd ins (14).JPG
    d 5105 Hyd ins (14).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 482
  • d 5105 Hyd ins (17).JPG
    d 5105 Hyd ins (17).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 379
  • d 5105 Hyd ins (21).JPG
    d 5105 Hyd ins (21).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 387
   / Power Beyond inst. Need Help, JD drawing is mislabled #9  
Good installation job. I can't tell from the pictures but was it mislabeled to the extent as we suspected or different. Just curious is all.

The Drawing was incorect, the picture. The written part was most correct, but still slight error. But easy explaination is: look at the drawing and on the power beyond valve, the two hoses on the side needed to be swaped with each other, hence then one would keep the , "T" for tank lines , in line, and the PB or P for pressure together and the PR or S lines together for the Return pressure lines. depends on the decade and engineer as to if the used all T's for tank or threw in some PR or S or ect as john deere did with this install . But your theroy on the letters does hold true here, and for John Deere for the most part. I also bought the tractor service manual and backhoe service manual, the tractor manual had a clear writen section on defineing the ports, pressure/pressure return/tank , and labeling systems.