Loader Joy Stick Controls

/ Loader Joy Stick Controls #1  

DenisM

Bronze Member
Tractor
Looking for one now.
Have a Mahindra 4530 with a Mahindra loader. Problem is Mahindra's only come with a 4 position control from their loaders. Which means you can not raise and tilt at the same time. Any ideas about how I can convert over to an 8 position type control??

/ Loader Joy Stick Controls #2  
DenisM said:
Have a Mahindra 4530 with a Mahindra loader. Problem is Mahindra's only come with a 4 position control from their loaders. Which means you can not raise and tilt at the same time. Any ideas about how I can convert over to an 8 position type control??
Hey Denis,
I bought my 4530 new in 2007 and it has the ML245 loader also. I don't know anything about hydraulics, but although the directional decal only shows six positions including float and fast dump, mine has more positions. For example on page 27 of the loader manual it shows:

Number 1 Position= Raise loader (Joystick down)
Number 4 Position= Roll back attachment(Joystick left)

If I pull the joystick in between position 1 and 4 (down and to the left), my loader raises and my attachment rolls (tilts) at the same time. Same with down and to the right, up and to the left, up and to the right. There seems to be settings in between the settings if that makes any sense. Like I said, I know nothing about hydraulics and if someone wants to chime in, please do. However, my ML245 loader will raise and tilt and lower and tilt at the same time.

Hope this helps,
Mud

/ Loader Joy Stick Controls #3  
This does require that the valve have a parallel gallery, but now days most multi-spool valves have this. If yours dosn't you will have to replace it with a valve that does.

When the flow is split in two directions, such as to lift the loader and curl the bucket, the fluid will flow to the lowest load/restriction first and move that cylinder first. For instance if you are trying to lift and curl a bucket full of dirt, the curl is probably the lesser hydraulic load compared to lifting the bucket up, so most likley the bucket will complete the curl and once the curl cylinders bottom out, then enough pressure will be built in the lift circuit to lift the loader arms. The same goes for dumping and lowering a full bucket. The loader arms having the greatest load and the least resistance will lower first before the bucket wants to dump.

To get true simultaneous action, you as the operator will have to use the control to force more fluid toward the more heavilly loaded hydraulic circuit. This can be difficult with multi lever controls, but is where a joystick truely shines.