Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose.

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose. #1  

CalTrac

3-23-08... How do I attach hyd. fittings to the ends of hyd. hose, my own self. I'm still looking for a post that would give up info about how does one do the actual attaching of the fitting to the hose end. That is; do I go to a hyd. shop and tell them what I want and they will provide the hose and fittings and do the attaching while I send their kids to college, or is there a tool that I can rent, special method or some alternative to press fitting and take advantage of the low cost hose and fittings that I've seen on-line. $350+ vs $100. All answers for attaching the fittings to the hose are welcome, I promise no flaming retorts to those who dislike us who would rather do-it-ourselves. Tks end. CT

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose. #2  
You could do like I did and purchase over $50,000 in tooling and make your own hoses. Or, you could buy the hose and fittings online. Then, you cut the hose to length, slip the crimp fitting over the hose, place the crimp fitting on the side of your bucket, and beat it with a large hammer until it will hold.

I have no problem with diy'ers. I am one myself. You have no clue as to what it takes to properly equip a hose/hyd shop to have what you need over 99% of the time you come.

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose. #3  
Wayne County Hose, is there a special technique when beating on the hose end with a hammer? I don't want to mess it up and have to buy another one, after all they are a little pricey. Sorry............I couldn't resist the hose humor.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose.
CalTrac asks: In the spirit of this forum how about information on "Field Attachables" (reusables). BTW it's always $50k. "takes money to make money". Come on on-line hose & fitting suppliers lets hear how we one-ze, two-ze buyers attach your product line to each other,tks.end ct

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose. #5  
You won't find any on-line suppliers here. Why? Because there's too many super-cheepo's that are looking to spend a penny less than the other guy sells it for. For the amount of time they would have to invest, they couldn't make any money here.

You can not, and I stress CAN NOT install one manufacturers fittings on anothers hose. Unless of course, you like playing Russian roulette with a semi-automatic and you go first. Some shops will put their crimp on another's hose, but they are few and far between and looking for trouble.

If all you are looking for is to save a few cents, I'll help you out. Discount Hydraulic Hose.com. They are the cheapest I've found. They sell for less than I can purchase for. But, you get what you pay for. They have the field attachables you seek.

Oh, $50,000 is just for tooling, add another $150,000 for inventory. And for the record, I don't, and haven't made so much as a nickel from this forum. Nor do I look to. I contribute my knowledge to the very fine people here to help make their lives a little easier. All I ever ask is that you give the local guy that's just trying to send his kid to college but can't afford it a break.

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose. #6  
I agree with Wayne County Hose Hydraulic hoses are not a DYI project[making the connections yourself], Think of when you are most likely to break your hose chances are it is not likely to be in a convent place to be.

Shane

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose. #7  
You can buy
No Crimp Reusable fittings
. it is a two part fitting, first you screw the outside fitting onto the hose with a left hand thred, and then screw the inside part into the inside of the hose with a right hand thred. The harder you tighten it the harder it grips.

I first started useing them on my car hauling trailer to fix broken hoses when on the road, ($20 and a half hrs work rather then finding a repair shop at 2 in the morning) but in 6 years I never had one leak and would not be afraid to use one anywhere.

That being said around here (Saskatchewan Canada) it is cheaper to get a ready made hose or have one made then it is to by the parts and put it togeather yourself.

/ Attaching Hyd. hose fittings to Hyd. hose. #8  
If you download the DHH catalog, page 5 has the hose you want, R2. Your reusables are on page 32. When done properly, I've never seen a problem with reusables. Like posted above, outside collar is left hand thread put on first, then the stem next which is right hand thread. Any questions, feel free to ask. Work safe, Andy.