dirt clod

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3300, m5700, case 580se
I bought this one:
Surplus Center Item Detail

Specs are:
12 VDC TRIPLE SELECTOR VALVE
New, triple selector valve originally built for use on CATERPILLAR skid-steer loaders. Part number 155-5569-GP04. Allows one directional control valve to control three separate circuits. First circuit is prioritized so first solenoid must be powered to turn first circuit off. Second or third solenoids must be powered to select their circuits after first circuit is turned off. Check valve in "A" port in the third circuit. Restrictor fitting (0.045" orifice) installed in the P1 inlet port can easily be removed, restricts flow to all three "A" ports. Wire leads with DEUTSCH DT04-2P weatherpac connectors. First selector has a built-in restriction to restrict flow to the actuator (example: for use with a grapple).

SPECIFICATIONS12 GPM max
3,000 PSI max
12 VDC
1.50 Amps per solenoid
Ports SAE 6
Size 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 5-1/4"
Shpg. 10 lbs.

I did not get a drawing as to how the ports flow. I thought it would come with this. Called the tech line, guy said this would work well for my application.

Ports on the end are marked P1 and P2. Ports on side are listed 1st row top is C1B bottom is C1A. Next row is C2B and C2B. Last row is top C3b and bottom C3a.

My thoughts are remove restrictor in P1 inlet.
Since the 1st selector has restictor I guess I will have to use it for grapple even though it is prioritized. Then the 1st and 2nd solenoid will need to be powered for curl and power released for grapple. Seems backwards but is there any other way with this valve? Or is there some way to remove restrictor for 1st set of ports?

Would it be correct to hookup as follows:
from loader valve curl up to P1, dump to P2
C1A to grapple open, C1B to grapple close
C2A to curl bucket, C2B to dump bucket
and then ports C3A and C3B can be used at a later date for a top cyclinder
for rear 3 point.

Sorry for the long post. I know theres many of you on here that knows this stuff, Please advise if I'm looking at this wrong are if theres a better way to install.

/ selector valve #3  
There is at least one other person who has purchased this valve, but I have not heard if they installed it yet. I am not familiar enough with it yet to help you to much...

It seems fairly straightforward hooking up the hoses, but the electric may prove to be a PITA...

/ selector valve
The electric is nothing. It is just 3 coils with a hot and ground wire each.
You said the hose hookups was straight forward. Is the way I was listing correct?

/ selector valve #6  
dirt clod said:
The electric is nothing. It is just 3 coils with a hot and ground wire each.
You said the hose hookups was straight forward. Is the way I was listing correct?

Yes, I meant keeping track of the 3 switches to get the right function...

They way you listed the hose connections seem fine-but I would sue like to see a schematic of that valve.

/ selector valve #7  
Check valve in "A" port in the third circuit. Restrictor fitting (0.045" orifice) installed in the P1 inlet port can easily be removed, restricts flow to all three "A" ports.

This text leads me to think the valve is 3 individual 1 way ports.

P1 oil input
P2 oil return to tank

A1 grapple close > B1 exhaust

A2 grapple open > B2 exhaust

Don't see how it works without a diverter - but if the manufacturer says it works - the text must be wrong & the valves in reality are 2 way.

Can you hook up some 12v wire & use an air compressor to blow some air thru and test for 2 way valve action??

Simpler than hooking up a bunch of hyd hoses.

/ selector valve
BarryinMN this is a selector valve not a control valve. It would just be selecting which cyclinder gets the flow from my factory joy stick.For a 2 way cyclinder there would be only 2 flow circuits to work with a open and a close. A open circuit control valve would also need a dump or return to tank.

Hadnt thought about useing air to check, might work?

/ selector valve
I think I may have it now. P1 restricts all A ports so P2 would be for flow on B ports. i would think the flow would be:

Coil 1 off P1 to C1A, P2 to C1b
Coil 1 powered Circuit 1 off other circuits can be used

Coil 1 and 2 on P1 to C2A, P2 to C2B

Coil 1 and 3 on P1 to C3A, P2 to C3B

/ selector valve #10  
dirt clod said:
I bought this one:
Surplus Center Item Detail

Specs are:
12 VDC TRIPLE SELECTOR VALVE
New, triple selector valve originally built for use on CATERPILLAR skid-steer loaders. Part number 155-5569-GP04. Allows one directional control valve to control three separate circuits. First circuit is prioritized so first solenoid must be powered to turn first circuit off. Second or third solenoids must be powered to select their circuits after first circuit is turned off. Check valve in "A" port in the third circuit. Restrictor fitting (0.045" orifice) installed in the P1 inlet port can easily be removed, restricts flow to all three "A" ports. Wire leads with DEUTSCH DT04-2P weatherpac connectors. First selector has a built-in restriction to restrict flow to the actuator (example: for use with a grapple).

SPECIFICATIONS12 GPM max
3,000 PSI max
12 VDC
1.50 Amps per solenoid
Ports SAE 6
Size 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 5-1/4"
Shpg. 10 lbs.

I did not get a drawing as to how the ports flow. I thought it would come with this. Called the tech line, guy said this would work well for my application.

Ports on the end are marked P1 and P2. Ports on side are listed 1st row top is C1B bottom is C1A. Next row is C2B and C2B. Last row is top C3b and bottom C3a.

My thoughts are remove restrictor in P1 inlet.
Since the 1st selector has restictor I guess I will have to use it for grapple even though it is prioritized. Then the 1st and 2nd solenoid will need to be powered for curl and power released for grapple. Seems backwards but is there any other way with this valve? Or is there some way to remove restrictor for 1st set of ports?

Would it be correct to hookup as follows:
from loader valve curl up to P1, dump to P2
C1A to grapple open, C1B to grapple close
C2A to curl bucket, C2B to dump bucket
and then ports C3A and C3B can be used at a later date for a top cyclinder
for rear 3 point.

Sorry for the long post. I know theres many of you on here that knows this stuff, Please advise if I'm looking at this wrong are if theres a better way to install.

I Checked on a simular valve but Quote:"First circuit is prioritized so first solenoid must be powered to turn first circuit off." SOOO, when switch for work port is activated, it would power work port and turn first circuit off, thus you lose the bucket curl when grapple use. I enquired the tech guy@SC and I think there was another valve that would allow both curl &grapple action same time??? I don't remember the circuit detail? Another thing, restrictors makes for smooth/slower speed on grapple action=to bucket action speed and keeps grapple from slamming(to fast) down, so don't throw restrictors away. Maybe a pro on here might know what I'm talking about? I first read about this on some DIY homade grapple forum on the web? The air thing sounds like a great Idea.:)