You think you had a bad day.......

/ You think you had a bad day....... #1  

Wayne County Hose

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson model 85, Allis-Chalmers WD-45
........I've never even seen one this bad.

Attachments

• CCF05232008_00000.jpg
    CCF05232008_00000.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 942
   / You think you had a bad day....... #2  
Think you can straighten it?:p

/ You think you had a bad day.......
Charlesaf3 said:
how on earth did that happen?

Honestly, I have no idea. All I do know is that I don't even have it yet, but I need to repair it by Tuesday. :confused:

/ You think you had a bad day....... #5  
I don't think I'd trust any of it for a rebuild, but just replace it and hope there's not cracks or integrity issues with the frame or pins.

Just guessing here, but for that to happen, I think there must have been another force pushing on it, or they hit something with the stick extended. Maybe playing battering ram?

Eddie

/ You think you had a bad day....... #6  
Charlesaf3 said:
how on earth did that happen?
looking at the pic it looks like there might be a "bite" in the outer shell of the cylinder, (just above the gland nut on the end of the cylinder), perhaps someone was using the cylinder as a lifting point while trying to extend the ram??? that is the only thing I can think of just from looking @ the picture.

Aaron Z

/ You think you had a bad day....... #7  
I've seen one bend like that before when the operator buried the man lift in a mud hole and tried to use the basket to push himself out. The results looked identical to the pic posted.

Joe

GIJOE said:
I've seen one bend like that before when the operator buried the man lift in a mud hole and tried to use the basket to push himself out. The results looked identical to the pic posted.

Joe

Joe, actually, you hit the nail on the head. I just spoke with the customer and that's exactly what happened. You get a gold star!:eek:

aczlan said:
looking at the pic it looks like there might be a "bite" in the outer shell of the cylinder, (just above the gland nut on the end of the cylinder), perhaps someone was using the cylinder as a lifting point while trying to extend the ram??? that is the only thing I can think of just from looking @ the picture.

Aaron Z

Aaron, thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to ask about it. They are bringing in the cylinder today and they need it yesterday. I am pricing a new cylinder as opposed to the parts. I don't like to take any kind of chances with any kind of man-up equipment.

/ You think you had a bad day....... #10  
That has got to be an expensive mistake! (Lost time, broke parts, etc etc not to mention the years of ribbing the poor sap that did it is going to take!)