Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #1  

milstencil

Tractor
Kubota B2910HST4WD
A little back ground, tractor is a B2910 with a LA402 loader. I have been frustrated for years at having to remove the loader hoses to use the front mount snow blower and angling grader blade. I would like to be able to use the loader and use the other implements without disabling the loader.
I have acquired a complete loader valve, joystick and hoses for the LA403 loader.

My first question is, can I T-off the main feed which comes from the case to my original valve (photo A) and hook up the main feed of the second valve (photo B) to it?

Second, can I route the returns for the second valve to the "option" (photo C) which are the parts for the rear remote option on my tractor?

And finally if this can be done, will it affect the performance of the hydraulic system? I will not be using any two implements at the same time. It would be nice to be able to pick up a load of gravel and grade it out without having to take of the blade.
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
Rick

Attachments

• Loader valve A.jpg
    Loader valve A.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,294
  • loader valve B.jpg
    loader valve B.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 656
  • Rear option.jpg
    Rear option.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 799
   / Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #2  
My first question is, can I T-off the main feed which comes from the case to my original valve (photo A) and hook up the main feed of the second valve (photo B) to it?
I don't think you can do that.
You need to feed the second valve from the first valve via power a beyond port. I'm pretty sure you have an open system, so if you "T" the pressure side, when you use one of the valves, the hydraulic fluid will just flow through the open center of the other valve. It will find the path of least resistance. The valves need to be hooked up in series ... one after the other.
You can however, "T" the returns from the 2 valves back to wherever they go.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #3  
You definitely can not "T" high pressure hydraulic lines. All valves must be in series. Performance of your hydraulics will remain unaffected.

Do a search for "power beyond" for hours of reading on this subject.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve.
Thanks, guys.
I'm off to TBN University for a lesson on "power beyond".
Regards,
Rick

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #5  
We added a second loader valve to a B7800, which is the same tractor as yours except the premium features. The plumbing is very simple, in fact we have a schematic diagram and pictures of the final set-up. There are pictures of the B7800 tractor with the extra valve on our website at MIE Home Page. We also installed a remote control joystick to the added valve at a later date. The pictures show the valve with handle controls.

You will come off the power beyond of the loader valve, and tee to the loader return for the low pressure return.

Let us know if the schematic and pictures of the B7800 would be helpful to you. I can also walk you though the installation.

This extra valve was used to control the top-n-tilt system we added to the tractor. Works great.

Let me know if we can help.

Michiganiron,
I would like to take you up on the schematic and pictures. It would be a great help!
Now a couple of questions on my valves:
Photo A is my current valve, IN comes from the hydraulic block along with the PB (this is "power beyond"?) and the out returns to the case.
Photo B is the new valve, what are the letter designations P and BY? One must be IN and one power beyond and it looks like the one on the top returns to the case?
To plumb the new valve I would T the PB port (photo A) with which the P or the BY hoses (photo B)? And the OUT? would go back to the case with another T?
Or, am I missing something!
Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

• B2910 with text.jpg
    B2910 with text.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 848
  • New valve with type.jpg
    New valve with type.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 635
   / Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #7  
Rick,
On your first valve, where does the power beyond go to now? To the 3pt valve? If that's the case, then you can put your new valve in between.
On your new 2nd valve, the "P" is where power goes in, "BY" is the power beyond port and "T" is return to tank or sump.
Here's what you can do once you find a suitable place for your 2nd valve.
1) Take the power beyond from your 1st valve and disconnect it from wherever it goes to now.
2) Connect it to the "P" power in on your second valve.
3) Get a hose and connect the PB (power beyond) from your 2nd valve to wherever your 1st valve power beyond USED to connect to.
4) Get a hose and connect the "T" or return to tank port from the 2nd valve to your tank. Or, you can "T" that one to a hose that's already going to tank or sump.

The Kubota guys might have another way to do it, but essentially adding your 2nd valve in series like that will work.

Rob,
You asked: "On your first valve, where does the power beyond go to now?"
In my first post, if you look at the first photo, the PB hose connects to the hydraulic block (drawing #040).
I lucked out when I got this set up, it came with the mounting bracket, which matches 2 of the frame mounting holes for my FEL, and ALL the hoses and joy stick.
So if I'm reading your post right, I will:
1. disconnect the PB hose from original valve
2. connect the P hose from new valve to the original PB port
3. connect "old" PB hose to the new valve PB port and
4. connect the new valves T(ank) hose to a "T" on the old valves T or OUT line.
Correct me if I'm wrong!
Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Rick

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #9  
I can send the schematic tommorow if you still need it, but you seem to have the circuit figured properly:

(P) from the tractor block remains attached to the loader valve.

(BY) or (PB) Power Beyond from loader valve to (P) or (IN) of second valve.

(BY) or (PB) Power Beyond of second valve back to the tractor block where the original Power Beyond Connected.

Tee the (R) or (Out) low pressure return to the original loader valve return.

Be sure you new valve not only is Power Beyond capable, but has the power beyond sleeve installed in the (PB) or (BY) port. You need to have the sleeve for the Power Beyond to work.

I'll be back at the shop Monday if you want the schematic.

/ Need help plumbing 2nd loader valve. #10  
So if I'm reading your post right, I will:
1. disconnect the PB hose from original valve

Yes

2. connect the P hose from new valve to the original PB port
Yes

3. connect "old" PB hose to the new valve PB port and
Yes

4. connect the new valves T(ank) hose to a "T" on the old valves T or OUT line.
Yes
Exactly like MichignIron says below.
He makes a good reminder that you need the power beyond sleeve for that new valve for it to work properly too.

MichiganIron said:
I can send the schematic tommorow if you still need it, but you seem to have the circuit figured properly:

(P) from the tractor block remains attached to the loader valve.

(BY) or (PB) Power Beyond from loader valve to (P) or (IN) of second valve.

(BY) or (PB) Power Beyond of second valve back to the tractor block where the original Power Beyond Connected.

Tee the (R) or (Out) low pressure return to the original loader valve return.

Be sure you new valve not only is Power Beyond capable, but has the power beyond sleeve installed in the (PB) or (BY) port. You need to have the sleeve for the Power Beyond to work.

I'll be back at the shop Monday if you want the schematic.

The new valve should have a power beyond sleeve that looks something like this one on one of my valves. It should have 2 "O" rings on it and is a threaded sleeve. If it is just a plug, you need to get the sleeve.
-First pic is of valve with plug in the power beyond port.
-Second shows plug on left and power beyond sleeve on right.
-Third shows power beyond sleeve in valve.