JD hydraulic questions

/ JD hydraulic questions #1  

Bser

I have owned and suffered$$$$$$$$ because of the dual pump JD hydraulic system.What is the purpose of this system? Can a real hydraulic pump like everyone else uses be mounted up front and do away with the JD components? What differences are there in JD the front pumps ? My 510b TLB needs a front pump now,the casting is ruined, and a NEW pump is more than I paid for the machine last year. Need some informed advice plese.

/ JD hydraulic questions #2  
Ouch...! One thing many of us can agree on -- original JD parts can definitely put the hurt on your wallet!

Couple of questions, though. How did the housing blow? Major failure of the impellers and she blew through the case?

Can you track down an old pump and have it rebuilt or buy a rebuilt pump?

I believe that many manufacturers use 2-function pumps -- steering and implement, etc. So, it's a reasonable manufacturing step; saves on engine and tranny real estate (space) and complexity of the machine -- hoses and lines, etc.

Maybe the 510 has a design issue (other's might know about this..) with the pump and your local dealer could steer (no pun) you in the right direction to resolve the problem.

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ JD hydraulic questions #3  
Bser said:
My 510b TLB needs a front pump now,the casting is ruined, and a NEW pump is more than I paid for the machine last year.

How old is the TLB, and how many hours are on it?