Hydraulic Cylinder Help

/ Hydraulic Cylinder Help #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I bent one of my cylinders again. The shop has it, but is not as positive that they can straighten it out this time around.

I have been mulling over an up grade, something with a bit more oomph.

This said. My existing system has a 14" stroke, 1-3/4" bore and a 1" rod. I am looking at the same stroke, maybe a 2 or 2 1/4" bore and a 1.25 rod. Any thoughts on this before I blow the bucks?

/ Hydraulic Cylinder Help #2  
I'm guessing most people are going to ask, what is the cylinder hooked to and will it be able to tolerate the extra stress of the bigger hydraulics. I know both are expensive repairs but I'm thinking the cylinder is easier and cheaper than a frame that it's mounted to.

Wedge

/ Hydraulic Cylinder Help #3  
Consider that in some cylinder sizes, there are different rod diameters you can get.
I'm not sure if they are available in your exact size, but perhaps you can look into that? You might want to get one with a slightly larger rod for added strength there, but equal or close to your current force so as not to bend anything?

/ Hydraulic Cylinder Help #4  
If your rod is bending you are exceeding its' rated load/pressure or you are side loading it. Cylinders should never be side loaded. You could install pressure reliefs that limit the cylinder to the rated force.