Box scraper leaking hydraulics

/ Box scraper leaking hydraulics #1  

number1fishguy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 50D
I recently bought a MF 50D. Its an industrial model with loader and scraper.

The hydraulics for the scraper leak down,`making the scraper unusable.

I am trying to determine if the problem is in the cylinders or in the controls.

After shuttting the engine off, the scraper drops to the ground within a few seconds. The rear hydaulics don't seem to start working until the tractor strarts to move.

The loader seems to work normally.

I have the shop manual that shows how to remove the controls but no information on how to test them

Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated

Thanks

/ Box scraper leaking hydraulics #2  
scraper... like on a 3pt, or something else...

if it has hydraulic cylinders that run it up and down, you can block it up, remove the "return" line, cap it and remove the blocking (like use a floor jack to jack it up or something and slowly let it down)

if it says up, your good, if it "leeks down" you know the hydraulic fluid is moving past the internal seals (blow by)

/ Box scraper leaking hydraulics
Thanks for the advice.

After looking at it somemore, I did not describe it very well. It is the 3 point that is leaking down. When I raise the scraper, it stays up as long as the engine is off idle. While idling it drops down. Evidently the pump is inside the transmission but the controls are on the outside. I'm trying to figure out if anything on the outside might be leaking, rather than have to pull the pump out

/ Box scraper leaking hydraulics #4  
Your problem won't be in the pump. Maybe the valve, but more than likely the piston seals.

ron