Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up

/ Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up #1  

Risco Bob

I cant figure it out. I was using brush hog with my 1955 Ferguson T. O. 35 and all went well. When I turned the PTO off and hooked up a blade the 3 Pt. hitch will only go up, what have I done? If I turn the tractor off and let the load fall on its own(which is normal) when I start the tractor and let out the clutch no matter where the up and down control is the blade raises to the maximum height. Thanks in advance for any advice.

/ Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up
Thanks. Now showing my ignorance, What is the draft control?

/ Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up #4  
Draft control lever is right beside the up and down control lever (position control). Position control is the lever closest to the fender, draft control is the lever closest to the seat. Draft control lever needs to be down to allow the position control lever to control the position.

/ Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up #5  
draft control is mainly for plowing it will raise the 3ph when the tractor is in a strain such as hitting a large rock or roots. your problem should be to make the adjustment.

/ Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up #6  
When I went to change from a disc to brush hog this week, my 230 wouldn't go down either. Checked fluids, OK-levers in the right postition, OK. Couldn't figure it out so I dragged the disc down throught the garden and back and it started working again!
Tractor had been sitting for several weeks but who knows. It works fine now.

/ Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up #7  
Check to make sure that your control valve is actually moving when you move the 3pt handle.. those valves are known to get stuck from a bit of grit. I know the to-20, 30 and 9n/2n use the same pump and valving.. Not sure about the 35...

soundguy

/ Ferguson To35 3 pt. only go up #8  
The Draft Control is actually very useful with a back blade or bottom plow as it actually lifts the implement when an obstruction is encountered. adjusting the draft will set how deep your furrows are. The way it works is the top link of the three point hitch pushes in on the spring inside the tractor's hydraulic. This actuates the lift to raise the draw-bar which then releases the pressure on the top link.

WARNING: I had a scary experience caused by pushing the top link in while disconnected from the box blade which caused the draw-bar which was still hooked up to raise the box blade (with ripper teeth) Nearly caught my leg between the teeth and the rear tire. Fortunately I knew about the draft control and realized what I had done and pulled it out which let the blade down.